Well Milwaukee has just won the brushless tool race.

DR99

Well The fuel Hammer Drill driver came in this Morning!! I had just enough time to open it up charge the battery and take it to work, ITS GREAT! Tomorrow I will do a video review and also I am going to do a runtime test with my premium 20v Drill Driver with a 1 1/4 in spade in 3X. I dont know if this is how Milwaukee tools sound or I have a defect, when I release the trigger and the chuck comes to a stop and I hear a very high-pitched scratching noise...?

From my experience Dewalt typically has more RPM's while Milwaukee typically puts out more power (torque). I'll take the extra power every time. A drill only needs to be so fast. Extra torque will benefit you in every situation (especially metal and concrete), those extra RPM's are really only useable in wood.

Advantage: Milwaukee

Yeah, Do you have the Hackzall?

I do not. It's one of those things I've always meant to get but never went through. If I were to get one, I'd want the M12 version for the compact size. I really want the M12 caulking gun. I like the grease gun, but I wouldn't use it enough to justify the price. I'm thinking about the sub scanner, but the Milwaukee came out pretty early and I understand that's on time that the Dewalt version is superior.

I have the M12 Hackzall I never used the 18v version I dunno if I would like it any bigger. I will admit  Dewalt has the superior 12v reciprocating saw right now the ability to change handle position is pretty sweet.

I do not. It's one of those things I've always meant to get but never went through. If I were to get one, I'd want the M12 version for the compact size. I really want the M12 caulking gun. I like the grease gun, but I wouldn't use it enough to justify the price. I'm thinking about the sub scanner, but the Milwaukee came out pretty early and I understand that's on time that the Dewalt version is superior.

I have the M12 sub scanner I like it It's way better than any stud finder I ever used they are such a pain to use the cheap ones.  I think the Milwaukee scans deeper but the Dewalt identifies different materials better

Be under no illusion folks don't get carried away I tested side by side today the Milwaukee fuel v the older 4 pole motor model and the older model will drill bigger holes for longer.

The fuel will drill smaller holes longer than the older model.

This is an inescapable fact with all brushless versus 4 pole brushed drills.  :)

I had no idea about how brushless motors being notorious whiney and small enough for rc's.  That m12 jigsaw is sweeeeet.  My ($.02) is Milwaukee is not going to have any other brushless tools this year (besides the ones we just saw).  Some of those say released in Oct. I'm guessing they showed these before release to deflate the hype of DeWalts new brushless line.  Just my guess.

• Like 1

I had no idea about how brushless motors being notorious whiney and small enough for rc's.  That m12 jigsaw is sweeeeet.  My ($.02) is Milwaukee is not going to have any other brushless tools this year (besides the ones we just saw).  Some of those say released in Oct. I'm guessing they showed these before release to deflate the hype of DeWalts new brushless line.  Just my guess.

Very well said Harold. I agree 100%

Interesting technology. Here's what Wikipedia says:

lithium-air battery, Li-air for short, is a metal-air battery chemistry that uses the oxidation of lithium at the anode and reduction of oxygen at the cathode to induce a current flow.

The major appeal of the Li-air battery is the extremely high energy density, a measure of the amount of energy a battery can store for a given volume, which comes far closer than the energy density of most other types of batteries to that of traditional gasoline powered engines. Li-air batteries gain this advantage in energy density since they use oxygen from the air instead of storing an oxidizer internally.