Well Milwaukee has just won the brushless tool race.

DR99

You should try the M12 Jig Saw Chase. For small jobs or detail work its 2nd to none. I was concerned about power, but I haven't used my electric saw since I got the M12. It won't blow through 2X's, but how often are you using a jig saw in 2X anyway?

I think we will see a phased release with groups of m12 and m18 tools. The thing I wonder is the brushless motor the same as the ones they use in current drill, impact driver, and compact impact wrench? I just wonder how they beefed up things for the high torque impact wrench and saws that's all.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we will see a phased release with groups of m12 and m18 tools. The thing I wonder is the brushless motor the same as the ones they use in current drill, impact driver, and compact impact wrench? I just wonder how they beefed up things for the high torque impact wrench and saws that's all.

Yeah I never thought about that, I am assuming it will still be called "Powerstate"...

It'll be the same motor I'd say. They may tweak things with the gearing and such, but the base motor will not be different. I don't look for a 1200 ft. lb. hammer drill anytime soon. Why would you need that kind of torque in a drill? As far as torque required, spade bits and hole saw are about as power hungry as it gets for most people and the current fuel does both with ease. Keep in mind that a drill setting doesn't clutch out like an impact. 1200 ft. lbs. without a clutch is good for broken appendages and not much else. Drills have gotten about as powerful as the need to be really. Even impact drivers don't need that kind of power. You can take the current model impact and drive a 2" screw completely through a 2X if your bit is good enough, and that's at under 200 ft. lbs.

Milwaukee's M12 Fuel Impact has more torque than every drill and most 18 volts haha Talk about some power! I always like to be prepared for the job, if that means that that little bit of extra torque gets a job done that I would not have had with another brand, Thats why I liked the M12 because it has so much power! I can trust bringing it and know I can get 75% of most jobs done with out an 18v....Then there is the 25% that takes the big boys! Haha that sounds like a advertisement lol..

Milwaukee's M12 Fuel Impact has more torque than every drill and most 18 volts haha Talk about some power! I always like to be prepared for the job, if that means that that little bit of extra torque gets a job done that I would not have had with another brand, Thats why I liked the M12 because it has so much power! I can trust bringing it and know I can get 75% of most jobs done with out an 18v....Then there is the 25% that takes the big boys! Haha that sounds like a advertisement lol..

The M12 Impact Driver has 1200 inch pounds or torque while the 3/8" M12 Impact Wrench has 1400. That converts as follows:

1 in./lb. = 0.083333333

1200 in./lbs. = 100 ft./lbs. 

1400 in/lbs. = 116.6 ft./lbs.

That doesn't sound like much, but believe it or not 100 ft./lbs. is a lot more torque than it sounds, especially for the smaller jobs the M12 was designed for. Consider that most lug nuts call for less than 90 ft./lbs. of torque and the M12 is a capable impact in a small package.