The Big Move

firefighter4187

Yea that's one thing Dewalt and Bosch has over Milwaukee, but you can still buy the other brands storage options. I don't know if they think the storage market is saturated, or they are just more concerned about designing more tools.

I'm not conductor but I would say Milwaukee is more professional over Dewalt. Milwaukee is more trade oriented towards plumbers and electricians. Where as Dewalt is more set up for general carpentry they do have some diagnostic tools but not nearly as many as Milwaukee.

At some point over the last 3 or 4 years the manufacturers have each began catering more to specific trades than others. Milwaukee has tended to lean toward Plumbing/HVAC, Electrical, and Maintenance trades, Dewalt has continued to focus more on Carpentry/Framing, Seemingly all Bosch's new products have been more concrete/masonry related, and Makita....well Makita doesn't seem to give a damn anymore.

• Like 1

Cool Chase! I'm also looking forward to the video. You are going to give Dan and Eric some competition.

You know I have been thinking about what you said Chase about Milwaukee coming out with their own tool storage system like DeWalt and Bosch. If someone was inventive, they could cut out the inside of Milwaukee's plastic tool containers, then attach some type of fasteners to the outside sides so they can connect together. Volia, you got a tstak, tough box, or Lboxx equivalent. What do you guys think?

Yeah thats a good idea, An ocilating tool would work great for cutting the inside of the boxes out, then install some type of after market rubber seal to make it watertight and some foam for the inside, Milwaukees cases are already pretty structurally tough, a lot more than dewalts blow molded cases...

You have got that right! I am hard core milwaukee power tools! I havent had a problem with warranties and love everything about them! I am iffy about there electrician line of hand tools but there power tools rock my world! I wish they came out with a tough box type design that would be so awesome!

For sure. I have sold countless Milwaukee power tools to people who were originally looking at Dewalt. Personally I have the M12 Hammer Drill, Impact Driver, Hackzall, and Multi-Tool, and a couple of their hand tools. I think it is great stuff, and very infrequently have people bring the stuff back for warranty work or defects.

Ridgid, which we are the warranty center for, and then Dewalts. For some reason, we tend to get a lot of Dewalts back with sticky or defective triggers. Most Ridgid products it is the batteries, which if registered have a life-time swap if they show up as being defective.

Ridgid, which we are the warranty center for, and then Dewalts. For some reason, we tend to get a lot of Dewalts back with sticky or defective triggers. Most Ridgid products it is the batteries, which if registered have a life-time swap if they show up as being defective.

Yea from reading online it's getting consistent warranty service with Ridgid tools not all Home Depot stores deal with LSA related issues.