Zebra brand hand tools vs. Blackhawk brand

808Buckeye

Aloha group. Noob here. Need to restock pretty much a whole new toolbag. My good tools are stuck at home on da island cuz it cost too much to ship them. I picked up a new contract here on the mainland and I've been using my companies hand tools with the brand name of "Zebra" out of Germany. I was wondering how the Proto Blackhawk label compares to them if someone knows anything about the Zebra brand. As I remember they used to be a pretty good quality tool at a reasonable price. So I'm wondering if that's still the case, or maybe I can get someone to steer me in a different direction other than the norm. Trying to have something that's different than what everyone else is using in order to keep em out of other peoples toolbags. The "Zebra" tools from Germany are pretty damn good but expensive as hell, and since I'm paying for my tools I don't think I'll be buying them. Thank you all in advance for any and all suggestions.

Btw. Need mostly metric sets. Again, Mahalo. 

20191027_041053.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've ordered a lot of Blackhawk tools from MSC Direct. I just had my first order botched and I'm in the process of going through an exchange. So far they've been good to work with. 

Quick note in case it matters but while their sockets, fixed wrenches and a few older style round head ratchets are still US made, their ratcheting wrenches and newer pear head ratchets are made in Taiwan.