Resin resources

bradleyheathhays

I'm jumping back into woodworking specifically to learn more about resin tables and similar projects.  I'm searched all the woodworking forums that have come up on google but I haven't seen any forums specifically dedicated to resin topics.  Is there something like this around, maybe sponsored by one of the resin suppliers that I haven't stumbled upon yet?  I'd hate to keep bothering general woodworking forums with resin questions.

Also, earlier in my research I found a supplier that had a page of many of the tools you need when working with resin tables and one of those was a 3" 4 blade router bit that planed a surface.  For the life of me I can't find that supplier's page again.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  It's not Black Forest or Stone Coat Countertop.  If not, would anyone have a good suggestion for a similar router bit?  The one listed on that particular supplier's page was about $100.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2019 at 6:10 AM, bradleyheathhays said:

I'm jumping back into woodworking specifically to learn more about resin tables and similar projects.  I'm searched all the woodworking forums that have come up on google but I haven't seen any forums specifically dedicated to resin topics.  Is there something like this around, maybe sponsored by one of the resin suppliers that I haven't stumbled upon yet?  I'd hate to keep bothering general woodworking forums with resin questions.

Also, earlier in my research I found a supplier that had a page of many of the tools you need when working with resin tables and one of those was a 3" 4 blade router bit that planed a surface.  For the life of me I can't find that supplier's page again.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  It's not Black Forest or Stone Coat Countertop.  If not, would anyone have a good suggestion for a similar router bit?  The one listed on that particular supplier's page was about $100.

The resin talk is fine. I like resin tables.
The kind of router bit you are looking for is a spoil board bit. 

I wouldn't go any cheaper than $100 for one. It may seem like a lot of money but to get a reputable brand you will pay close to that or more. The ones with the removable carbide cutter heads are more expensive but your essentially getting 4 times the life of a regular carbide bit because you can rotate the cutters 4 times before replacing/resharpening.