20 Volt Circular Saw

Butch5

Hello,

I've got a Dewalt 20 volt circular saw that shuts off after a few seconds. When I squeeze the trigger the saw comes on runs for a few seconds then shuts off and the brake engages. If I keep turning it on over and over eventually it will run normal. The problem seems to be when I first start using it each day. Any ideas? The nearest Dewalt service center is about 60 miles away so if its just some part I can replace that would be easier. Thanks in advance for any help.

Butch

On 12/5/2019 at 7:25 PM, Framer joe said:

Trigger or loose batteries?

I don't think it's either of those. I've tried the battery and it doesn't effect anything, The trigger seems sound. It does it for a while and then stops. It seems to me that there may be an electronic part that is turning off the saw.

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem. Mine does not ever work properly. I pull the trigger and about two seconds later it turns off. I pull the trigger again and the same thing happens. Batteries are good. Trigger doesn’t feel loose or anything out of the ordinary.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 3:59 AM, glass said:

Throw in garbage buy makita. Problem solved. 

Then see that the Makita is even worse and throw that in garbage and buy Festool.

Getting back to the problem, sounds like an electronics fault. Capacitors in particular often misbehave when they are stone cold. Sounds to me like you need to replace the electronics.