Ace Is Now An Authorized Ego Dealer

Jronman

I recently found out Ace hardware became an authorized Ego retailer in addition to Home Depot. I think this is big for Ego. Before you had a few mom and pop stores, and Home Depot that were authorized but to add another well known retailer is a nice move for Ego. I decided to get an Ego snowblower there. The price was better than Home Depot and I only had to drive 20 miles to get it vs 45 if I got it from Home Depot. The guy who helped me get it said they just started selling Ego in the spring of this year. He told me he had already sold over 100 Ego snowblowers.

This is good news for Ego, IMHO.  The whole time I lived in Coastal Georgia there was an Ace Hardware up the road, while the nearest Home Depot store was 35-40 miles away in Savannah.  Claxton (home of the fruitcake company) and Hinesville each have a well-stocked Ace.  Ace is prevalent in smallish southern towns, while HD seems to stick to major metropolitan areas or near interstates.

1 hour ago, fm2176 said:

This is good news for Ego, IMHO.  The whole time I lived in Coastal Georgia there was an Ace Hardware up the road, while the nearest Home Depot store was 35-40 miles away in Savannah.  Claxton (home of the fruitcake company) and Hinesville each have a well-stocked Ace.  Ace is prevalent in smallish southern towns, while HD seems to stick to major metropolitan areas or near interstates.

Interestingly enough the town with the Ace near me is one of the larger cities in Nebraska. 30,000+ people. No Home Depot though. Menards is all over though. There are at least 3 within 50-100 miles of where I live. The nearest Lowes is 2 hour drive via interstate. My tiny town of roughly 3000 used to have an Ace but it changed names/ownership. The nearest Home Depot is roughly 45 miles away.

• Like 1