Ego Gen 3 Mower

Jronman

The embargoes on the new gen 3 Ego mower just lifted today and all the videos are out about this mower. It has dual blade system, new brushless motor with 7 ft lbs torque, updated lights with on/off switch moved to the handle. and new self propelled controls. Comes with the updated 7.5 battery or in bare tool.

• Like 1

The dual blade system looks inspired by Honda / versamow. Hopefully, it will address some of the top criticizm against EGO (not-so-good mulching performance and lack of suction).

I hope this model will be available on the european market (many EGO tools are not). The other problem is that the EGO brand is mostly sold at dealers (like Stihl / husqvarna), so you pay crazy premium prices for homeowner grade tools (catalog price of is the brushless 21" mower with 7.5ah battery is 1200$, 15" trimmer costs 300$ without battery etc...), they are never on sale and there is of course no right of return.

Btw, it seems that there will be many decent mower options on the market in 2020, that new EGO, greenworks 60v gen 2, toro recycler 60v, craftsman by b&d, just to name a few.

17 hours ago, stefcl100 said:

I hope this model will be available on the european market (many EGO tools are not).

Seems like you guys get Ego stuff we don't as well. I'm still waiting on a brush cutter to be available for where I live. Many European Ego products aren't available in North America. I did see that Europe is getting the gen 3 though. Wow your guys prices are a lot higher. I heard the gen 3 over here will only cost around $600-$700 with the 7.5 ah. Over $1000 would be commercial grade territory.

9 hours ago, Jronman said:

Seems like you guys get Ego stuff we don't as well. I'm still waiting on a brush cutter to be available for where I live. Many European Ego products aren't available in North America.

Put aside some of the entry-level stuff for stamp-sized lawns, you still seem to get a lot more, and at a much, much more reasonable price.

There are some noticeable difference though, the european version of the 21" plastic mower has a brushless motor and comes equipped with the high lift blade by default. A nicer package, except perhaps for the fact that you are asked to pay 2.5 times the price for it. 😀

I did see that Europe is getting the gen 3 though. Wow your guys prices are a lot higher. I heard the gen 3 over here will only cost around $600-$700 with the 7.5 ah.

Yes, from our side of the world it feels like you guys are only paying for batteries and receive the tools for free.... Just disgusting 😭

Over $1000 would be commercial grade territory.

Perhaps one day, they'll start wondering why nobody is buying EGO stuff. That brand is invisible here. You don't even know it exists unless you spend tons of time browsing tool websites (like I do).

At dealers (since it's only available there) showrooms are filled with costly Stihl/Honda/Husqvarna/Echo tools, sometimes you'll notice an EGO paper catalog laying around near the cash register. You ask about it, they tell you it's just chinese slave-made plastic junk for green hippies, and that, for the same price, you can buy high-end gas equipment from reputable pro-brands, made of durable metal parts. Moreover, they are serviceable and that can serve you for at least 10 years, will your battery last that much? How much does it cost to replace it? Oh only 400$. 

As much as I love EGO tools, their strategy to sell only at dealers, aligning their prices with top commercial brands, is laughable. Greenworks/Powerworks is doing a better a job in this area.