Jump to content

Can anyone identify this hand tool?


Recommended Posts

Click save...


Welcome to the forum.


Does the tool have a bubble level on the opposite side of the knob?


It looks to be a tool to measure the angle of a surface compared to level.


Very nice old tool. Very nice image.


IMO, don't restore, keep as-is. Maybe a light oil to maintain condition. The patina is part of the charm.


Some of my favorite tools belonged to my grandfather, then my father and are in old condition.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi BriBotNC. Looks to be an inclinometer. I've seen them with a bubble in the middle. Evidently this one sits atop a straight level. Are there holes at either end that may have been used to attach it? I agree with winless, a light coat of oil is all I'd put on it. Loosen the thumb screw in the center and slide the middle section around a little to lubricate it's track. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Member Statistics

    Total Members
    Most Online
    Newest Member
  • Create New...