Dewalt 2020 Idea Thread

JakeDewalt

What ideas for new tools and accessories do you wish dewalt would come out with in 2020. 
Share your Thoughts and Possibly Dewalt will see this thread and take our ideas into reality.

I will start

Flexvolt Tool Connect (For Dust extraction) batteries 

Flexvolt Tool Connect Miter and Table Saws.

Basically an Updated Flexvolt Miter and Table saw to include built in Tool Connect to communicate with the 60v dust extractor.

Also Tool Connect batteries so you could use your existing miter and table saws/ other tools to connect to the 60v dust extraction and have automatic on/off when the battery is drawing power.

Would love to see in no particular order

Pin nailer
Upholstery stapler
Hot glue gun
12v ratchet
Flexvolt Belt sander
Power file
More powerful lawn mower
12v pencil sharpener
1/2" flexvolt router
1" impact

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

-Brushless 1/2" compact impact wrench.  For the life of me I cant figure out why they still don't have this tool in brushless.

-60v metal cutting 5³/⁸" circular saw. It could be a different blade size but that seems to be the current standard.  This is another tool they don't currently have in brushless and they would have a real market advantage making it a more powerful 60v tool.

• I suppose I might just say whatever ideas come to mind
  • Why not go all out and features all the things.
  • An update to the tool connect batteries that allow them to work with tool connect vacs, aws vacs/adapter, and festool vacs.
  • A tough system vac dual flexvolt 150+ cfm 4 gallon container.
  • A premium level miter saw to rival the Kapex, new Metabo HPT, and new Makita's with modern features like dust collection (that isn't garbage), micro adjust, and compact or rail forward design.
  • updated DCF887 with dual bearings, more specialty modes, more refined instead of more powerful
  • Maybe a multi chuck drill driver since they seem to be gaining popularity over here.
  • A better track saw that is at least on par with the Makita
  • Reciprocating saws. Where do we start. For the big full size it needs orbital, dual speed switch or even tool connect model, higher quality trigger, and antivibration features. The compact needs vibration reduction and rafter hook.
  • Backpack flexvolt vac.
  • dual flexvolt premium table saw with a built in slider and 3/4 in dado stack support. 
  • An impact wrench large enough and powerful enough to take the lugs off a heavy haul mining dump truck
  • flexvolt drone for jobsite purposes. Maybe it could be used in surveying or building layout, maybe site planning, etc.
  • flexvolt trailer vallet. Can move any class 4 trailer gvwr of 10,000 lbs or less. Basically if your 150/1500 range pickup can move it, this can too.
  • lawn mower that isn't bad. Flexvolt would be ideal. Maybe some lights and self propulsion as well.
  • Flexvolt chop saw. one version for the toothed blades and another for abrasive blades.
  • Lighting solutions that benefit from Flexvolt
  • Lighting solutions in general (they have gotten better in the past few years though)
  • Ultra quiet flexvolt compressor. Maybe tough system compatible
  • redesign the contractor bag and blow mold case factories to make specifically tough system. This will help drive prices down so that every kit, where it makes sense, can come in a Tough System instead of a contractor bag or blow mold case and still be financially feasible.
  • updated power supply with simultaneous 8 amp charging for 4 batteries. Maybe it could have space for 8 batteries for better runtimes and for help to achieve 2000 or even 3000 watts. It would be pure sine as well and have a good quality surge protector. It can run off 4 or 8 batteries and each battery can be hot swappable as long as there are at least 4 batteries in the power supply at all times.
  • gen 2 4 bay fast charger with the 12 ah charge rate of the newer fast chargers.
  • 360 crossline laser but with 20v max support instead of 12v max also comes in tough system instead of tstak. Would have green and red options with plumb markers and tool connect standard.
  • Select a color laser level. would give the user the option to select what color of laser they want so that those who have troubles seeing certain colors will have the best option that works for them. 
  • Maybe a flexvolt powered material delivery system which especially good for roofing crews. Whether it be a full blown conveyor or some kind of device that secures to a ladder.
  • 300+ cfm vac that can compete with the new bosch and hilti 300 cfm vacs.
  • quieter, more refined tools that don't sacrificed performance. You gotta be able to hear the radio right?
  • flexvolt fluid transfer pump that will also do oils and flammables.
  • flexvolt engine hoist
  • successor to lithium ion battery tech.
  • impact rated collated attachment for framing screws. It would attach to any of their newer brushless impact drivers or drill/hammer drill drivers. Could withstand the wear, tear, and abuse of a framing site. It has an auto reload feature so that refilling an empty screw strip is fast and easy.
  • Flexvolt concrete grinder
  • Omt with anti vibration, noise reduction and the starlock and universal fit hybrid I saw awhile back that make either connection compatible.
  • Omt with the smoothness and control of a Fein but with the power of flexvolt
  • flexvolt jobsite kitchen essentials
  • flexvolt microwave
  • flexvolt water heater/coffee maker
  • flexvolt minifridge/tough system powered cooler
  • flexvolt grill
  • flexvolt toaster oven
  • x lock grinders
  • prescription saftey glasses that don't fog up with a full seal.
  • 20v max full face respirator that is user friendly, comfortable, and beard compatible.
  • flexvolt toaster oven
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, SDS said:

Upholstery stapler
Hot glue gun
Flexvolt Belt sander
Power file
12v pencil sharpener

These.

I initially chuckled at the pencil sharpener suggestion.......but then thought how many times I hack at pencils with a Stanley knife. 

Oh, and I do not want to be standing under a Flexvolt drone (specifically the battery) when it falls out of the sky! 

On 12/24/2019 at 12:29 PM, AlexW32 said:

A DeWalt RC car would be fun, drone would be to heavy to use any of the current batteries...

A quieter brushless vacuum  taking the place of DCV580 would be nice

A cordless pressurized water tank backpack style on pair with Miliwaukee's

I didn't think about the switch tank. Good idea.

19 hours ago, marsh942 said:

New 54v (60v) 10” FlexVolt mitre has Tool Connect to activate vac! 
Find it very strange that it seems only available in the UK/Europe at the moment. 

https://www.its.co.uk/pd/DCS727T2-GB-54V-XR-FLEXVOLT-250mm-Double-Bevel-Slide-Mitre-Saw---2-x-6Ah-_DEWDCS727T2.htm

Man that is exactly what I need. Wonder what final cost to my door in the USA would be 

@Jronman..Dewalt....make....a premium level mitre saw? Are you serious? Do you know that the Dewalt mitre saw out sells every other mitre saw combined.? It’s on every framing crew and remodeling crew and finish company I’ve ever seen...

Hitachi used to make a great 12” mitre saw.. Festool has great dust collection,but cuts no better then Dewalt. Metabo HPT ? Seriously...your watching too many sponsored videos...

53 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

@Jronman..Dewalt....make....a premium level mitre saw? Are you serious? Do you know that the Dewalt mitre saw out sells every other mitre saw combined.? It’s on every framing crew and remodeling crew and finish company I’ve ever seen...

Hitachi used to make a great 12” mitre saw. Festool has great dust collection,but cuts no better then Dewalt. Metabo HPT ? Seriously...your watching too many sponsored videos...

You don't want a better saw? Also when I said premium I should have been more specific. I meant a sliding miter saw in the $1000+ price range.

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

You don't want a better saw? Also when I said premium I should have been more specific. I meant a sliding miter saw in the $1000+ price range.

Dude, the new HTP 7-1/4 is a frikkin’ awesome looking machine. Hands down a phenomenal saw. I have the 10” 36v and like it a lot but that new Japanese made machine looks like it is right in the Kapex line.

23 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Dude, the new HTP 7-1/4 is a frikkin’ awesome looking machine. Hands down a phenomenal saw. I have the 10” 36v and like it a lot but that new Japanese made machine looks like it is right in the Kapex line.

agreed. It is as good as the Kapex just has a smaller blade which isn't always bad.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Dewalt does not need to improve on the 12” mitre saw...its spectacular. The festool is not better just not jobsite worthy...they do need a double bevel 7 1/4” mitre saw..

Tool Connect 

Improved Dust extraction

Integrated material stop for repetitive cuts

Integrated material supports that can slide out a foot or so. (For pieces that are too short to catch your stand supports and too long to keep from tipping or not being perfectly flat.

So while I believe the 790 is a great saw my favorite tool, it could be improved without a doubt 

• 2 weeks later...

My 2020 wish list in order.....

1) FlexVolt Grass Edger

2) 15ah or larger FlexVolt battery

3) That they actually release on-time the cordless roofing nailer ! 

4) 2nd Gen generator with pure sine wave

5) 2nd Gen FlexVolt Chop Saw

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Dewalt needs to update the cordless vacuum with a modern high speed brushless motor like Dyson uses. I'd love to buy a powerful cordless dewalt vac.

Their current one is the same design from 15 years ago, just updated to take the newer slide style batteries. I still use my old one,  but I won't upgrade to the newer one since there is no other improvement besides battery and the thing doesn't have very good suction.

They seriously need to be working on the Toughsystem.  Packout is continuously rolling out new variations.   2.0 was something but pretty basic relative to Milwaukee.

Would love to see a one-drawer unit like the Tstak.  Would love to see some sort of adapter plate as well.  Something you can attach a tool bag for hand tools.