HOT DEAL: 4 Piece 20v Max Tool Kit - $30

fm2176

Okay, so it's Hyper Tough at Walmart. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tough-Ht-20-Volt-4-Tool-Combo-Kit-AQ90146G/460267351.  I spotted it in the clearance aisle yesterday morning, but the website reflects my local store as no longer having them in stock.  The store up the road reflects the $50 price, and a thread on Slickdeals mentions it was $74 originally.  I'll admit, I very briefly considered picking one up to torture alongside my Yellow, Red, Orange, and Green tools.

Why post this on a dedicated tool forum full of pros and DIY'ers who use name brand tools regularly?  Well, hopefully to bring a little more traffic to the site, but primarily because this is, in all honestly, a great deal for those who don't need the name brand tools.  The kit has 4.4 stars from 216 reviews, offers LED lights on the tools, and comes with two 1.5Ah Li-Ion batteries.  It includes both drill and impact drivers, a reciprocating saw, and the obligatory light to round out the package.

Put yourself in the shoes of the vast majority of Americans.  The ones who rely on outside aid for nearly everything--be it home repairs or surviving a natural disaster.  For the price of a decent flashlight and batteries, you can get this kit that includes an LED flashlight with two long lasting rechargeable batteries (I may be reaching there as my experience is with DeWalt, Milwaukee, and Ridgid lights, not with bargain priced Walmart stuff).  Then too, you gain the ability to do basic repairs and projects without spending 2-3x more for an entry level drill (usually with one battery) from a better known manufacturer.

To sum it up, this deal will probably be ignored by most of the TIA Crew.  I can't really blame you.  But if you're surfing in from the interwebs and in need of something more useful than a few cups of awful Starbucks coffee, check out your local Walmart.  If you find this deal, head back to their tool section, pick up some cheap bits and blades, a level, and a hammer, and you'll have the necessary tools to take care of most common household improvements and repairs. 

• Like 1

Update: my store had three as of this morning.  It's an awfully small box for such a tool kit and the drill chuck is only 3/8", but I stand by my earlier opinions.  Also, a lot of the reviews seems to be for an older kit with a single 1.3Ah battery, which makes this deal all the better.

If it weren't post-Christmas recovery time, I'd definitely pick one of these up to see how they compare against my Fuel, DeWalt, or Octane tools.  I'd fully expect them to disappoint, but I'd also probably consider them to be an upgrade for those relying on manual drivers and throwaway lights.

• Like 1

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wallaceheron
    Newest Member
    wallaceheron