Differences in products in between countries

Ido

Hallo everyone ..

I would like to ask something as it has to do with differences in between same tools but from different manufacture- countries..

There might be a difference as it has to do with general qualitie of a product..but what about performance..?

For example a dtd171 made in China is the same in performance with the dtd171 made in UK or Japan ?thanks for the help..

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry but I don't have an answer for your question but another question at the same topic. 

I'm looking to buy a Makita impact driver for some basic projects with wood. In the past I used the model DT110D and it was good enough for my work. The Makita model DT110D is manufactured in New Zealand and I could not find this product in Amazon US or in Europe. I found a lot of other models that seems much more proffesional than what I need and thus much more expenssive than what I plan to invest. 

Does someone know a model, similar to DT110D, that is sold in the US and Europe?

Thanks for the help!

On 1/8/2020 at 8:47 PM, Ido said:

Hallo everyone ..

I would like to ask something as it has to do with differences in between same tools but from different manufacture- countries..

There might be a difference as it has to do with general qualitie of a product..but what about performance..?

For example a dtd171 made in China is the same in performance with the dtd171 made in UK or Japan ?thanks for the help..

As long as their model names are the same, I would not expect much of a difference performance wise. Blueprints are mostly the same and they must comply with the specifications on the product sheet, you should not expect less than advertised. 

Even durability doesn't obey a straight logic, it has a lot to do with the quality of the various parts used for assembling the final product. There can be good and problematic series, you can never tell.