Miro Posted January 10, 2020 Report Share Posted January 10, 2020 This happened 2 years ago and I was quiet about it. Just so you guys know a dewalt flexvolt battery burned my truck writing it off. Luckily the fire shorted wiring out turning my headlights on this was at 930 pm before bedtime. I noticed the lights on so went to check and my truck dash was melted on one side along with the door panel. When I opened the door the fire started to burn more intensely. I managed to put the fire out with water I had panicked and burned my hand resulting in third degree burns. Fire dept was also called to make sure. The burning vehicle was beside 2 other vehicles and my house. I can't imagine what would have happened if I didn't notice the headlights on and we went to sleep, it could have burned the other 2 vehicles and my house could have caught fire possibly killing us in our sleep. Be very wary of your batteries I would store them in a aluminum or steel container just in case. Any thoughts. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.