Jigsaw not cutting in straight line

chris301up

A few months ago I purchased a Guild PSJ710W jigsaw and yesterday I finally had occasion to use it. Unfortunately I cannot get it to cut a straight line. I have tried various blades, made sure the blade is sitting in the bottom bearing guide but no chance. I let the saw do the work and only apply firm, light pressure but the cut continues to vear to the right.

Its not the most expensive, and possibly not the best, but I would expect it to do the job? Has anyone had similar problems and maybe know a solution.

9 hours ago, wingless said:

Welcome to the forum.

When the stationary blade is grabbed and then attempted to be twisted, does it remain straight, or is rotation possible?

Hi wingess

It remains straight. No lateral, or rotating movement. One of my first thoughts!

Just to say I have had another go with this today and I cannot get the thing to cut a straight line. Got my old Black & Decker jigsaw back from my Son and that cuts without any problem. I'm just at a loss? Think I'll take it down the tip when I go this week. Here is a link for this piece of crap.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/4518392

• 3 weeks later...

Before chucking this useless piece of crap in the bin I just thought I'd have one more go at it. I hate not knowing what a problem is and whether it can, or cannot be resolved.

On closer inspection the blade support roller seemed very loose so I thought this was possibly the issue? I removed it and replaced the rivet with a nut and bolt and tightened it so the bearing has very little lateral movement.  This certainly improved the cut but didn't cure it.

I then decided to try the blade, although a little blunt, that was supplied with the saw. This worked perfectly. A nice straight cut without any bend or deviation. I then tried the blades that I recently purchased off EBay together with a Bosch and Dewalt blade that I had in my toolbox, but the problem reoccurred.

Looking closely at the blades it looks like the 'T' shanks are slightly different so perhaps they are moving slightly in the blade holder when under pressure thus resulting in the deviation when cutting? It is just my opinion of course!

Anyone perhaps recommend other blades that may be suitable?

Just an addendum folks. I've been in touch with the manufacturer of the jigsaw and, although they don't supply spare parts direct to the public, they put me in touch with the blade manufacturer who kindly sent a blade to try and I can confirm this works absolutely fine.

This confirms the blade is the issue but of course raises another question? If I cannot buy these blades direct, what blades can I replace these with in the future?

Any recommendations?

• 1 year later...
On 1/11/2020 at 4:37 AM, wingless said:

Welcome to the forum.

When the stationary blade is grabbed and then attempted to be twisted, does it remain straight, or is rotation possible?

I think you are using old type of jigsaw i just want to tell there are many jigsaws are now check our website for more latest jigsaw.