New DeWalt Compact 8-1/4" Jobsite Table Saw Model DWE7485

OldDominionDIYer

Well, well, well...DeWalt just shipped a new Jobsite Table saw and I was wondering what you all think of it? I am providing a link to an article that talks about it, but was curious to hear if this was the feature set and size customers were looking for.  Seems like 8-1/4" is becoming more popular, but is it really preferred over the 10" blade? 

https://toolguyd.com/dewalt-jobsite-table-saw-dwe7485-022020/

Couple things stand out to me on this new model...I like the steel miter gauge, seems like many of the competitors are shipping these sized models with cheap plastic ones, so that seems like an upgrade.  The table seems a bit unusual in that they have four extensions in each corner but the top of them are tapered, rather than tapering the bottom so the top would remain level.  As it is a table saw more area of usable table would seem like the best plan, the decision to taper the top of them just seems unusual to me what say you all. From the picture it appears the vacuum attachment is on the blade guard, I wonder if there is a second one underneath?  It has what looks to be a new style On/Off switch as well.

dewalt-portable-table-saws-dwe7485-64_1000.jpg

Well, well, well...DeWalt just shipped a new Jobsite Table saw and I was wondering what you all think of it? I am providing a link to an article that talks about it, but was curious to hear if this was the feature set and size customers were looking for.  Seems like 8-1/4" is becoming more popular, but is it really preferred over the 10" blade? 
https://toolguyd.com/dewalt-jobsite-table-saw-dwe7485-022020/
Couple things stand out to me on this new model...I like the steel miter gauge, seems like many of the competitors are shipping these sized models with cheap plastic ones, so that seems like an upgrade.  The table seems a bit unusual in that they have four extensions in each corner but the top of them are tapered, rather than tapering the bottom so the top would remain level.  As it is a table saw more area of usable table would seem like the best plan, the decision to taper the top of them just seems unusual to me what say you all. From the picture it appears the vacuum attachment is on the blade guard, I wonder if there is a second one underneath?  It has what looks to be a new style On/Off switch as well.
dewalt-portable-table-saws-dwe7485-64_1000.thumb.jpg.69f609b60314a3772a5395089e17646e.jpg
I have 1. Dream. And DC is excellent

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, KSoldier said:

I am currently shopping for a new table saw and was leaning towards a DeWalt product.  I am looking forward to reading some suggestions on this topic.

Really going to depend on how and where you intend to use it. If it will be in a stationary shop go corded and 10 inch.  If you plan on being mobile then cordless is probably a good option, although they still make extension cords! Happy choosing!