The Almighty Fuel..

firefighter4187

I first wanted to say sorry about no video this week, I have been sick and well have nothing to review haha but, thats where you come in! I have recovered from the $209 blow from the fuel hammer( which Is a pretty good deal IMO) and about to purchase my next tool from Milwaukee, Tell me whether I should purchase a tool from the M12 or M18 line and which tool,( It must be Fuel)! Now I will tell you how much I am Impressed by the Milwaukee M18 FUEL Hammer Drill/ Driver, I would love to see a series of tests done against the XR drill from DeWalt! The runtime is unbelievable, the power is there and is tough. I really like how there is a lot of overmold, especially on the battery. Anytime someone is in the market for an 18v drill no matter what profession this is the drill I recommend!

I wish we could get an answer on why they don't have the led's on the tip of the tool. I think it might be a cost reason they use the same part for the compact impact wrenches. That's just a straight up guess really. I think Milwaukee is the only big company that still has the led in the handle of the tool.

I kind of like how the battery that's made for the craftsmen 12v tools which is made my TTI which also owns Milwaukee has a battery with led's on the bottom so it's also a flashlight for a contractor I guess that's really not needed, but its kinda cool if you don't have a flashlight on you all the time also.

I wonder if the led ring not being used is a patent issue. I remember reading a little while back that DEWALT had a patent on the miter Saw bevel lock system and that why other companies don't use a similar lock.

But if it was a patent issue, that means that Ridgid and Ryobi cant use it either, They are all owned by TTI

• Like 1

But if it was a patent issue, that means that Ridgid and Ryobi cant use it either, They are all owned by TTI

Im only speculating but if it was a patent issue its certainly possible that Ryobi and Ridgid paid a royalty to use this feature.  this is something you see all the time. 

is it possible that having the LED ring compromises the strength of the tool in some way and that is why milwaukee doesnt use it?  Although, I had the DeWalt 20v Max impact driver and i never felt like it was "Weak"...

its one of the great mysteries of the world

Im only speculating but if it was a patent issue its certainly possible that Ryobi and Ridgid paid a royalty to use this feature.  this is something you see all the time. 

is it possible that having the LED ring compromises the strength of the tool in some way and that is why milwaukee doesnt use it?  Although, I had the DeWalt 20v Max impact driver and i never felt like it was "Weak"...

its one of the great mysteries of the world

I know Dewalt has a ton of patents it's so common I would think it's not a patented idea, but maybe it is I'm too lazy to do a search on it :). The other thing is not having the led's on the front allows you to have a taper to the shake of the tool it allows tighter access to areas. That's one other reason I though of.

I love the three LED lights.  The Dewalt and Hilti have it on their impact, but not sure who else has it.

My Ridgid 12v has it, Ryobi has it, and I believe the Bosch also has it, basically Milwaukee is the only top power tool company that does not have it....

Maybe Milwaukee doesn't have the light ring incase the tool gets banged up.  

Chase, I would recommend you getting the m12 oscillating multi-tool. It's compact and can be used for SOO many jobs. Sanding, cutting, grinding, scrapping, so much.  And it's so precise.  Just get the bare tool. I think it's only $79 at Home Depot.  If you need a m12 charger, I can send you one.  I have a few I don't use.      

Maybe Milwaukee doesn't have the light ring incase the tool gets banged up.  

Chase, I would recommend you getting the m12 oscillating multi-tool. It's compact and can be used for SOO many jobs. Sanding, cutting, grinding, scrapping, so much.  And it's so precise.  Just get the bare tool. I think it's only $79 at Home Depot.  If you need a m12 charger, I can send you one.  I have a few I don't use.      

I will have to consider that Harold! How is the runtime? and thanks for offering the charger! I have the multi volt charger which came with the fuel drill.

I think 30-45 min. But the charger will charge batteries in 30min. So if you have a couple batteries you will never be down. One could be on the charger while your using the other. I can't believe that price you got on your fuel m18 hammer driver for. Was that with the extra battery?