Bought a Kubota today (Pics added)

Conductor562

Yesterday I decided I wanted a new sub-compact tractor. I've got an old one that I spend more time working on than I do using, but I wanted something I could fire up and run. I really liked the Mahindra Max25XL, but the dealership was a couple of sheds thrown up on a parking lot, and the salesman oozed with all the sleaze of the most stereotypical used car salesman you can imagine. I ended up settling on the Kubota BX2370. The Kubota dealer was top notch. They've been around for 30 years and have a huge facility with a multi-million dollar parts inventory. It's the first time a salesman ever really changed my mind. Anyhow, It's like a lawn mower on steroids. It's a 3 cylinder diesel, 4X4, with a 3 point hitch and around 700 lbs. of rear lift capacity. I didn't get the loader or the backhoe as I'd just have to store them and would get little use out of them. I instead got a 44" rotary tiller, 5 ft. Grader blade, boom pole (old timers call the pig poles), and a 60" belly mower. I also added a draw bar (should be standard but it isn't), front brush guard, and tractor treaded tires. I pick it up on Saturday. Won't be able to sleep :)

It's a Kubota made motor. 23 HP, 3 Cylander, Diesel. The Mahindra had a 22HP Mitsubishi, and the John Deere had a Yanmar built motor and plastic body panels and hood. The JD I looked at got horrible reviews. I know a couple of guys who bought big JD farm tractors in the last couple of years and both say if they had it to do over they'd have bought a New Holland or a Massey Furgeson. Both have had their tractors in the shop constantly and one of them had his there all summer. JD isn't the top quality brand they used to be IMO. I'd be willing to bet they make more off of merchandise than they do off tractors.

Congrats wish I had the acerage to need a tractor like that. A friend has the same model tractor he uses the hell out of it for projects around his house, but he uses a lawn service to cut his grass he's too lazy to do it himself. He really used the loader attachment a ton he want's to get an excavator attachment though really bad. Yea Kubota has a great dealer network. I have heard good things about the Minihandra tractors though also JD really not so much on the compact tractors there is something about JD green though that's makes it feel like country living though.

Conductor just needs to convert it to run used cooking oil plus it's free to a good home plus I hear it smells a lot better than normal diesel smell. Also you can get a PTO generator that's nice for yard work and as a backup home power source. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_generators+pto-generators

It's crazy how much those mini tractors cost you can buy a Nissan Vesrsa sedan the cheapest car on sale currently in the USA for about what a compact tractor costs. I still really really want one even though I have no land.

I gave $15,000 for the BX2370 with a 44" rotary tiller, 1 ton boom pole, draw bar, 5' grade blade, 60" belly mower, and a 14" middle buster plow. I also added a factory brush guard and tractor cleated tires. All the implements are Woods brand which are very good quality. It is a lot for a little tractor, but I can do many times the work of a riding mower for many times longer, plus it is completely awesome.

I gave $15,000 for the BX2370 with a 44" rotary tiller, 1 ton boom pole, draw bar, 5' grade blade, 60" belly mower, and a 14" middle buster plow. I also added a factory brush guard and tractor cleated tires. All the implements are Woods brand which are very good quality. It is a lot for a little tractor, but I can do many times the work of a riding mower for many times longer, plus it is completely awesome.

And it will last a lifetime and pass it on to your son! Pretty soon he will be out plowing haha!

If he ever does need to sell it the resale on the compact tractors is really good. The only thing I would want is a front end loader and excavator attachment its the ultimate adult Tonka toy. I would be digging and filling up tons of holes in the back yard.

If he ever does need to sell it the resale on the compact tractors is really good. The only thing I would want is a front end loader and excavator attachment its the ultimate adult Tonka toy. I would be digging and filling up tons of holes in the back yard.

You can say that again, If I owned a lot of property with trees I would buy a blower attachment.