Buy a cheap miter saw or buy a good one right off the bat?

07Sierra

I've often wondered the same thing. It gets great reviews, but I've yet to see any real push by Milwaukee to sell it. I used to really hope to see a Milwaukee table saw, but I've pretty much given up on that. With the spike in popularity of Milwaukee with Contractors, we may well see some attention to stationary tools.

Yea they have the TTI portfolio to work with so their are saw designs the could adapt and build to a Milwaukee quality tool the Ridgid table saws are very nice. It might be that they are more focused on building tools for the electrical and plumbing trades. The only thing is they are only a good table and marketing a miter saw in stores as providing tools for the carpenter/general contractor side also. It looks like Milwaukee never really offered a table saw except for a Delta rebranded unit from years ago. I really like the idea of having a track saw or panel saw ill be honest table saws make me pucker up while using them.

Not everyone is looking for something they can hide in a corner for months at a time. Most people buying the Milwaukee miter saw are buying them to set up in a shop where it will sit in the same spot for most of it's life and be used everyday. In that scenario you aren't concerned with weight and bulk.

• 2 weeks later...

I own the Dewalt dw713. It's great because I can store it anywhere. I used to own a craftsman sliding miter saw. Worked great but so big to store. So I sold it and got the Dewalt. Then I bought the led light. That makes it kapex precise. Shows exactly where you are going to cut on both sides. The dw713 is bare bones but its a workhorse. Your 780 is a great saw!

I own the Dewalt dw713. It's great because I can store it anywhere. I used to own a craftsman sliding miter saw. Worked great but so big to store. So I sold it and got the Dewalt. Then I bought the led light. That makes it kapex precise. Shows exactly where you are going to cut on both sides. The dw713 is bare bones but its a workhorse. Your 780 is a great saw!

Is it a 10in or 12in? I have been looking at miter saws!

Dual bevel is nice to have, but it's important to remember that it is merely a convenience and really doesn't add any functionality to the saw. Most of the time a change in bevel requires you to move the workpiece anyway.

• 2 weeks later...