Bosch ART30 GSD Strimmer Problem

I don't know if I have the correct forum but here goes anyway

I have a Bosch ART30 GSD strimmer which as given me good service until recently where the spool line continues to unwrap itself from the spool cartridge.

Initially I found the slider had broken (part number 20/51), so replaced this, but it didn't cure the problem. I have since replaced the spool line cartridge (part number 820/20 and 20/53 x 2) and the end cap (part number 20/49), but the problem remains. As soon as I operate it the entire cartridge empties the line. I can confirm the line is wound onto the spool correctly in the direction of the arrows but, just as a matter of course, I have tried winding the line on the opposite way, and that makes no difference whatsoever.

I have been looking at this in a little more detail and was wondering if there should be a spring, or similar attached to the slider to hold it in place during operation? Nothing is shown on the diagram but it would make sense to me. The little prong shown on the image doesn't seem to do anything so perhaps a spring pushes against this but I'm only guessing!

As anyone else had a similar problem with one of these and know the answer? There must be a reason for this?

760357664_BOSCHART30.thumb.jpg.87c70f6585d604ca93b5aec635f97e88.jpg

Slider.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi Chris, I have the same problem. I inherited my ART30 strimmer which worked ok at first but then made a loud short rattling noise and it shed the whole of the line. The spool i have in it is a RY054 and I too wondered about the possibility of a missing spring. Have you managed to fix yours yet?

On a different note..... how is the Black Country nowadays? I used to live in Bearwood but moved some years ago to the Black Mountains.