Let the buying begin!

Conductor562

A lot of people will advise you to start cheap and upgrade later. I always saved a little longer and bought good shit the first time for the most part. That's why I waited so long to fill out my metric set. I wanted Proto or Blackhawk and I wasn't going to buy until I could get what I wanted. That may sound kinda snobby, but I'm pretty particular about my tools.

Thats how I am about power tools Conductor, Thats why I am waiting for all the Fuel stuff, If I am going to spend money, I am going to make damn sure I have the best on the block!

If i had conductors budget I would want to get a 3d printer just so I could make tons of stuff. I wish I had better wood working ability I think some really fancy wooden cell phone/tablet cases would sell fairly well.

The big purchase I would like to have is a generator large enough to run the ac and a few other basics on the house. Knock on wood the electrical service has been really good from the big east coast blackout we haven't had a major outage.

At the old house I could run my 2 1/2 ton AC unit with my 5000 watt portable. I'd turn everything else off, start the A/C, them after about 10 minutes I could start using the lights and TV and stuff again. There was a big load at startup, but after that it was minimal. My dad runs his no trouble at all with his 7000 watt. My uncle has a 6500 watt and they can't run their AC at all with it. I back feed mine through the dryer outlet. At the new house I can back feed through the 240V garage outlet. A lot of people won't back feed, but we've done it for years without issue.

You just have to be smart about it and kill the main breaker or pull the meter. I really should have became an electrician the rates they charge are just insane I'm fine doing most 120v stuff, but anything bigger freaks me out. I have gotten really good at plumbing now with shark bite fittings and pex piping it makes plumbing really easy now.

You just have to be smart about it and kill the main breaker or pull the meter. I really should have became an electrician the rates they charge are just insane I'm fine doing most 120v stuff, but anything bigger freaks me out. I have gotten really good at plumbing now with shark bite fittings and pex piping it makes plumbing really easy now.

DR what trade are you in?

Just placed a $410 Proto order at zoro tools. I got $70 off so my grand total was only $340. Mostly metric 1/2" drive sockets, combo wrenches above the 21mm limit I was previously at, and a hand impact driver set. I've got SAE stuff coming out my ass, but I've put metric off forever. More and more things I encounter are metric, so I figured I might as well take the plunge. $400 worth of Proto isn't as much as what it sounds like it is. I got a 15 piece metric deepwell set (10-24mm), about 15 miscellaneous sockets, 3 metric ASD combos (22,23,and 24mm), and hand impact driver set, and......well, I guess that's about it. The 15 piece deepwell set was $156 by itself. I could have gotten lots of brands for half that (or less), but I have that Proto fever that I can't seem to get rid of.  

Metric is the wave of the future, more and more cars are becoming almost totally metric... 

This is my new box and it's full already, I should of went bigger

tool%20box.jpg

I took auto tech in college and well, I kind of built up a collection of tools since haha

• Like 1

Nice looking box. Who makes it?

Yea, from what I understand most US cars were using metric fasteners by the late 80's. I remember as a kid my dad and grandpa grumbling about how bad they hated metric and this was America and it shouldn't make a damn what they were using in Europe. I still hate metric! You can buy a 15 piece SAE wrench set and have up to 1-1/4" which will cover 99% of the fasteners you'll ever encounter. A 15 piece metric set gets you to 21mm or so. In other words, it takes twice the wrenches and drive tools to do the same range of work. I can look at an SAE bolts and know exactly what size it is most times, with metric I constantly grab the wrong one.

• Like 1

Ordered a couple more ratchets today. I think that makes about 30. You just never know when you're gonna need 30 ratchets :lol:
You never know, there will be one time where you will be in a jam and need 30ratchets, and you will be prepared for the situation haha!