Impulse function from Metabo ( why not available in the U.S.A?)

wayneburgess

That's pretty cool. It's funny there are so many superior fasteners, but for the most part everyone uses phillips screws still. Man that's a bummer we don't even get the good Metabo stuff here guess the Germans are afraid of what we would build if we got their good tools. I had a quick question for Wayne how much cross over from metric to conventional measurements do you have in the uk? I know from watching topgear you use MPH over KPH on your roads so your not fully metric over in the uk either. I would guess fasteners are metric but what about dimensional lumber?

That's pretty cool. It's funny there are so many superior fasteners, but for the most part everyone uses phillips screws still. Man that's a bummer we don't even get the good Metabo stuff here guess the Germans are afraid of what we would build if we got their good tools. I had a quick question for Wayne how much cross over from metric to conventional measurements do you have in the uk? I know from watching topgear you use MPH over KPH on your roads so your not fully metric over in the uk either. I would guess fasteners are metric but what about dimensional lumber?

In the U.K it depends how old you are and how good your eyes are on my jobs LOL Inches are bigger than millimeters :)

But jokes aside, it is a bit confusing because we say 3 inch by 2 inch timber where you say it the other way round in the U.S.A.

And we have many things still in imperial not metric.

But Europe is slowly having it's way and the millimeter, centimeter and meter are taking over.  :(