X2 Blower/Vacuum/Mulcher is coming

ToolBane

I’m not huge into yards and consequently don’t have a huge yard. But I have huge trees which means lots of leaves. Huge leaves. I’ve mostly gone with Ryobi stuff to handle most of my yard things but this is one tool I think I won’t be able to resist.

https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/XBU04ZV

9039A72A-B4B1-457B-8E1A-6FC6E421A73A.png

95AC9ED7-96B4-4127-90EE-16F2D19EEC2A.png

• Like 1

I have this. It’s a brilliant tool. There are very few manufacturers making vac/blowers so I delighted that one of them was Makita so I could use my existing batteries.

I use it a bit for tidying the garden after the mower, mainly the grass clippings that always escape onto the patio. Its  biggest benefit is to vac the guinea pigs hutch, it happily chomps up the clumps of damp wood shavings and hay in seconds.

The full power vac mode runs the batteries down quickly (5Ah in10-15 min)  but it also has a half power mode that lasts a lot longer.   Perhaps 20-30 min. The trigger is progressive with a lock so you can adjust the power to what you need.   I’m guessing the timing because I can get two weekends  on one charge. 

It does seem an expensive toy for 10 mins each weekend but it saves the hassle of reaching into the hutch with a dustpan brush, and it pulls grass clippings from the gaps between paving stones which saves having to weed them out when they take root. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric - TIA said:

I think I might have to get this.  I use to have a pine tree in my back yard and I could never find one that would power through the pine cones.  I wonder if this will.

It'll nor vac pine cones. The vanes in the fan are approx 1 cm apart (1/2 inch), and that three prong blade is more about clearing blockages than chopping hard things like cones.

Sounds like you need an old golf ball pick up machine from a driving range!  Or an old mower that you don't mind denting  the blade on pine cones?

• Like 1