Jump to content

Dead blow hammer


Recommended Posts

Hi. This is an oddball question, I know. Does anyone know of a manufacturer of dead blow hammers that have removable end(s) that are NOT the style that have a short threaded stud in their center that screw into a tapped hole in the head/body of the hammer? I need a version that instead has threads on the outer circumference of the endcap(s), and matching threads on the hammer head's body. The end would be much like, say, a threaded cap for a gas pipe, if that makes sense. I have seen an episode of "How Its Made" that shows the production of such a hammer, but I could not make out the manufacturer's name. I think it was Stanley, but I'm not sure. I would imagine that from the mfgr, these end cap(s) are screwed on pretty tight, but I'm hoping with a vise, and/or a pipe wrench I might be able to unscrew the cap from the hammer's head/body. Any help HIGHLY appreciated! Thank you. 


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...