Motor Search for Craftsman Table Saw

BrettH

Hey there,

I acquired a craftsman table saw

• Craftsman 113.298090
    • Motor: 62962

from a friend who said it worked perfectly two years ago but had been sitting in his garage since then. When I fired it up for the first time, it began smoking and it smelled like plastic or electrical burning. Thinking it might still be sawdust burning inside the motor, I spent a good deal of time blowing sawdust out of the motor as much as possible, yet it continues to smoke when turned on, and after greasing the direct drive shaft with WD-40, it sparks every time I turn it on.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out where one would buy a replacement motor for this, since Sears no longer sells them and is either out of business or is going out of business nationwide. I just stopped by Harbor freight because a friend of mine (who does construction for a living) told me I could go get a cheap motor from there and swap it out. Not the case.

Does anyone have any idea where to buy a replacement motor for this? The original was a direct drive 2hp but I know the belt drive motors are more powerful, if it’s even possible to swap in one of those on this. Very frustrating to say the least, as this is the second tablesaw I have taken from a friend, though I have paid nothing but sweat for them so far.

Thanks for any help!

Brett H

Great question.  It's amazing all the the times we hear people trying to fix a Craftsman but can not find any parts.  You would think with all the tools they sold over the decades, there would be a manufacturer or distributor that would carry a lot of these parts, I would think they would clean house on sales. I can find the accessories, but not the motor.

I am pretty sure Emerson Electric Co. made this saw for Sears.  You might want to reach out to them directly and see if they can help.