So, is there any options for blade left, top handle 7 1/4" cordless circ saw?

aessu

Yea. I know of the rear handle ones. Tried the Makita one, but didn't like the balance when using with one hand, too front heavy. Balance on the Hikoki/Hitachi/Metabo HPT C3607DA is perfect for me, but the blade is on the wrong side. Im already on the Makita and Hikoki multivolt platforms, wont be going to get new batteries to bring ryobis to jobsite.

15 hours ago, comp56 said:

I know its not a 7 1/4" but it has served me well with everything I've had to cut

DSC_1119.JPG

The Makita 6½ brushless is blade left too and is also a great saw. Since you are already on the platform, it seems like a good option. I have both the rear- and top-handle 7¼ saws and use the 6½ more than either.

It's also worth noting that having both left and right-blade saws (and comfort using either) comes in real handy when making certain cuts. At least the Makita and Milwaukee saws have good enough visibility to be used with either hand. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 6:08 AM, comp56 said:

I know its not a 7 1/4" but it has served me well with everything I've had to cut

DSC_1119.JPG

I already own two blade-left 6½ makita cordless saws, brushed and brushless ones, Im searching for a bigger one.

7 hours ago, Beatrice_mom said:

I think that Makita DHS680 is the best option you can find on market. It's well-balanced and comfortable for use. It seems to be light and blade. I am really into it and going to buy it a few months.

I already have one. I want something with more power and a bigger blade

I think you’re boned. Closest choice is the Makita rear handle since your on the platform. The only 7.25” blade-left option I can think of that isn’t rear handle is the Ryobi...and I’m hard-pressed to imagine that one could have more power than your brushless Makita. On the other hand, Ryobi has 9Ah batteries while Makita doesn’t, so it’s conceivable...but I’d be surprised.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, comp56 said:

i liked the 6.5" Milwaukee so much I bought a new one today

20200731_180714.jpg

Did it come in a kit with that huge 12Ah battery, or why you have it in? IMHO a 6½ circ saw is best for mobility and cross cutting 2 by lumber (2x4 is 48x98 millimeters here in Finland when milled, 50x100 millimeters when just sawed, actual 2x4 would be 50.8x101.6 mm. For those purposes, i find the Makita brushless one has plenty of runtime and power.