U.S. General Tool Chest

firefighter4187

The fact the Caftsman sells their boxes for twice the price at half the quality gives you a sense of how badly you were fucked at Sears.

Must be why the Sears near me is closing. I bought some new cloths, mostly Levi's, 65% off. Funny though, tool prices were marked at 20% off but the retail price was also marked up! many cases where online were still cheaper then their "going out of business sale". A ripoff for cheap stuff

I saw a Husky toolbox with a wood table for sale for $275 or something at Home Depot today. Oh if I needed a box I would have bought it. But man that metal is so thin compared to Harbor Freight boxes. Feels like I could drop a hammer on a drawer and it would dent. But for 1/50 the price of a Snap-On Box? Oh forget about it! I'll buy ten of these before I buy one of those overpriced boxes. I've seen a Harbor Freight toolbox with the US General decal taken off and a Snap On one put on. Just made a $169 box cost $1,000! Hey, it's the exact same thing Snap-On Does! Hey-oh! 

• Like 1

I've seen lots of HF boxes with Snap-On badges for sale on Craigslist for a couple thousand $'s.

There is a difference, and anyone who knows anything about boxes can spot this happening, but yes, Snap-On boxes are ridiculously over priced.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Best value in tool boxes right there. It really is nice, especially at that price