New DeWalt 20v Rotary Hammer

firefighter4187

DeWalt has a New 20v Rotary Hammer on the lines,

Heres the differences between the previous 20v rotary hammer: Note: This has the same power as the previous model, Dewalt, you really boggle my mind

This has vibration control, led light, 4.0 battery, It has not been clarified by DeWalt if brushless, IMO its not because the power is the same as the previous model.

Check it outhttp://toolguyd.com/dewalt-cordless-rotary-hammer-dch253/

I use the current 20v version every week and it's not uncomfortable at all to use, so curious how much the vibration control helps. The current versions also lasts a long time on one 3Ah battery. So my guess is the new one is brushless. That combined with the 4.Ah battery would make a nice little package. I can't see spending the extra to upgrade, but if I were in the market, I suppose it would be in the running. 

I use the current 20v version every week and it's not uncomfortable at all to use, so curious how much the vibration control helps. The current versions also lasts a long time on one 3Ah battery. So my guess is the new one is brushless. That combined with the 4.Ah battery would make a nice little package. I can't see spending the extra to upgrade, but if I were in the market, I suppose it would be in the running. 

At work we have some of the new Dewalt electric jackhammers with the anti vibration handle that absorbs shocks and let me tell you it makes a huge difference, we were using one the other day and it was night and day compared to all the other ones we used before 

http://www.dewalt.com/tools/hammerdrills--hammers-demolition-hammers-d25901k.aspx

At work we have some of the new Dewalt electric jackhammers with the anti vibration handle that absorbs shocks and let me tell you it makes a huge difference, we were using one the other day and it was night and day compared to all the other ones we used before 

http://www.dewalt.com/tools/hammerdrills--hammers-demolition-hammers-d25901k.aspx

Those must have cost a pretty penny!

I would assume so on the SDS drills even though I don't think Milwaukee is a huge player in that market. It seems like Bosch. Makita, and Hilti even Dewalt I think sells more concrete tools. I don't like the big 18V hackzall it's too big to use with one hand. If im honest I think Dewalt has the best 12v recip saw hopefully milwaukee does something similar when they update the M12 hackzall.

I would assume so on the SDS drills even though I don't think Milwaukee is a huge player in that market. It seems like Bosch. Makita, and Hilti even Dewalt I think sells more concrete tools. I don't like the big 18V hackzall it's too big to use with one hand. If im honest I think Dewalt has the best 12v recip saw hopefully milwaukee does something similar when they update the M12 hackzall.

I agree the M18 Hackzall is ridiculous, They are always innovative, you never know what they will do to it, I kind of like the Makita 12v with the to buttons.

The M12 Hackzall is perfect and I prefer the true 1 hand design of the Milwaukee/Bosch over the Dewalt/Makita design. That being said, the M18 adaption is indeed too big.

If I wanted a folding Sawzall I'd get a Milwaukee Hatchet. They're still around. Probably have to go electric though.

• 2 months later...

great I just got the previous model back in May. Oh well. I can say I love the this tool. Bought it to  put in some anchors into a concrete patio for a future outdoor kitchen. Not too many changes. I was busting some leftover pavers to see how this compared to my BD hammer drill....I will never use a hammer drill again for concrete or stone :)

The cam operated hammer drill is great for doing the occasional tapcon or something similar. If I had to do a lot of concrete drilling I would invest in a SDS drill. I not sure which way I would go corded or cordless. I would like to see how the harbor freight sds drill works and holds up.

• 1 month later...