New DeWalt 20v Rotary Hammer

firefighter4187

FYI guys, the new SDS Hammer is not brushless. The upgrades were mainly to the shocks on the tool and better ID calling out the anti vibe feature. I also believe they increased BPM a little and now it comes with the 4.0ah battery instead of the 3.0ah.

If you are not aware, almost all Dewalt tools have a 1 year free service guarantee. The only exception is hammer drills that feature SHOCKS "Anti Vibration Control". Drills with shocks have a 2 year warranty. That includes the new cordless 20v SDS hammer (DCH253).

All corded hammers have a shock and non-shock version. For example: D25213K - No Shocks (1 year warranty) & D25223K - Shocks (2 year warranty)

Otherwise they are the same tool.

Thanks for the welcome Conductor562, I agree, I've always thought switching the yellow and black on the tools would look pretty cool. Probably not going to happen because of branding/marketing but how about some special edition all black/yellow trim tools? Neat idea.

ChaseRodgers - I haven't heard of anything yet! sorry!

There are lots of air riveters on the market, but the only cordless options are from Marson and the like and they are crazy expensive for someone not riveting everyday.

The mechanics would be similar to Milwaukee's force logic press, so I don't feel like I'm asking for a lot here, lol