Tip for your line trimmer!!

DoblyTufnell

Out of a job the other day, trimming the grass from out under fence and I came up with pro tip that will be very handy to anyone.. .

The tip. 

Only run the line trimmer at a speed that can cut the grass.. You'll be surprised just how slow that is. (2 strokes are better at this than 4 strokes.)

I run my 25cc Ryobi line trimmer as slow as I can, AND is still cuts grass under a fence line. 

There are 2 big advantages to this. 

1. You'll use less fuel
2. Your line will not break when you hit the fence post. 

I did a couple of job during the week.. 2 whole property fence lines. Did not add more line once. The line on there looks thinner, but it has not broken once.. 

You can thank me later. Try this. :)

• Like 1

My Ryobi 2 stroke 25cc, has a throttle.. There is no speed on the throttle that cannot cut grass.. This week over 2 days I did 3 and a big properties, front and back, without adding more line once.. Today I had to add a bit of line as the line just wore away. Didn't break. Just got shorter. 

Thing is it is going so slow, it does not break when you hit a fence post, or rock. Grass still gets cut. You can always add a little more power if you need it, but just on grass and weeds, just try to find a speed on your line trimmer that does not cut it. 

Less fuel, and less line.