What's your trade...?

Moze

during high school worked at a local machine shop part time until I finished school, then they offered me an apprenticeship and became an interprovincial machinist after a few years the shop offered me more training and became a fabrication engineer until I retired, worked for the same company my entire career ......

Machining is the 1 skill I wish I had, but don't.

Yea I'm used to all the noisy too, a lot people can't think when under so much noise plus even when I'm home with my kiddos there is no quiet there either and my friends say man don't u ever get nervous or irritated by all the noise at work and home and the truth is it doesn't bother me at I love when the ships busy and I love hearing my kids play

• 6 months later...

Machinery Operator (everything but a motor grader) for 5 years working for a fortune 500 company for 7 (last ranking I saw it was #143) doing 100 million dollar and up contracts, most in education building schools and collages before I jumped ship to start my own business after the economy caught up even to us. After working for a company doing billions in revenue and not seeing very much of it myself I decided I needed a change. Doing a lot of renovation / maintenance / vacation rental / property management in the Florida Keys, and loving life ever since. Don't think I'll ever be rich but I enjoy what I do, and one day I'll be a pretty smart ol' guy I figure. =-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am an HVAC-R installer/technician by day and a volunteer firefighter whenever I'm needed. I am working on getting my fire department to invest in some Milwaukee fuel Saws to replace our old worn out dewalt 18v recip saw. I have a truck full of tools and can pull just about everyone of them out on any given day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Civil Engineer. My tools by day tend to be Autocad and Microstation these days. Grew up on a farm learning the joys of tools at an early age. Anymore I'm just a DIY guy that enjoys mechanic work and building things around the house. My obsession as of late is working on getting my yard dialed in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1