Bosch ROS20VSC 5" Random Orbit Palm Sander Dust Container Loose

bdogChicago

I have a Bosch ROS20VSC 5" Random Orbit Palm Sander which I love however lately the dust container will not stay on. As soon as I turn it on, the container vibrates off. I've cleaned the container, the rubber o-ring on the base, etc. But nothing works. Anyone belse experience this? Any solutions short of duct tape? 

Will look to hookup a day collection hose but need the container for when I'm mobile.

I have the same sander and love it.  Mine is still working great.  The only thing I can think of the o-ring has either deteriorated because of age and isn't holding it on tight enough or there might be a crack in the container or where the container slides on.  I would think that would be the only two reasons it's not a tight fit and its vibrating off.

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I've had the same problem with my Bosch sander, which has otherwise been a great tool I've had for many years.

The rubber gasket actually doesn't hold the dust cannister on. There are a number of little nibs on the stem of the dust port that fit into a groove in the cannister. About half of the nibs had worn off on my sander. I used some epoxy to beef up the worn out nibs, and now it's good as new, nice solid connection!