Help Please Looking for Recommendations Compressor, spray guns, brad and finish nail gun, inverter power generator

BackBay

Compressor

Planning on doing some woodworking, cabinitry work, and inside finish work inside my home (and possibly some spray painting with oil based paints.  I'm value minded and would prefer not paying top dollar for a name brand - but am also concerned about access to parts for repairing of a compressor.

Brad and Finish Nail Gun

Should I buy a brad and finish nailer that is part of a compressor/nail gun combo kit or buy a brand that is different than the compressor? Would like something that is reliable and easy to maintain, do thiese things mis-fire or jam?

Spray Gun

I hear it's hard to match up the specs of a paint spray gun with a compressor that has enough CFM?  Was planning on spraying cabinetry, doors, and outdoor fencing. 

Inverter Power Generator

Looking for something that can be used with power tools, but for powering refrigerator and lights for home.  I have two 1.5 ton hvac units that I'd like to operate too - or alternatively a space heater or portable air conditioner.

Thoughts and recommendations?  Any info would be appreciated.  So many choices, makes my head spin.....lol.

Yes, you are right, a lot of choices.  In regards to compressor, Husky, California Air Compressor and even some of the Harbor Freight's are less expensive and work great.  Also Black Friday is coming up along with Christmas, so you will find great deals, even with the bigger names.

In regards to a finish or brad nail gun, it really depends what you are doing.  If you are doing trim and larger pieces, go with a finish nailer.  If you are doing small trim like furniture, go with a brad.

I don't know much about spray guns so can't help you there.

For an inverter, I am a fan of the Briggs & Stratton.  I love the Honda but they are a little pricey.

When it comes to a pair of nailers, I have cordless.  If you want pneumatic, Porter Cable is pretty good.  I had that a while back and worked great.  I think Home Depot has a three piece Husky kit with a finish nailer, brad nailer and stapler for about $150.  I haven't used the Husky so can't speak for those.

On 9/29/2020 at 7:11 AM, Eric - TIA said:

When it comes to a pair of nailers, I have cordless.  If you want pneumatic, Porter Cable is pretty good.  I had that a while back and worked great.  I think Home Depot has a three piece Husky kit with a finish nailer, brad nailer and stapler for about $150.  I haven't used the Husky so can't speak for those.

Thanks for the reply.  20v/18v power tools seem pretty expensive.  It's my understanding that performance very much depends on the power source - and operate best w/ 5 mA/Hr batteries?

As for Compressor/Brad Nailer/Finish Nailer combo kit; I'm looking at Bostich, Metabo/Hitachi, Dewalt, and possibly Porter-Cable.  Does anyone have some pros/cons for the above kits in terms of real world performance and problems?  Will likely wait until Black Friday for a purchase :)

I am looking for a cordless drill/impact driver. My 18v Bosch drill just started smoking last week with some light drilling. Clutch gone?  Does anyone have any recommendations?  I have a $25 coupon at Home Depot I have to use w/i 30 days....lol.