Saw draining battery

Gary burke

• 9 months later...

Interesting, I just posted a similar message about my hammer drill draining my batteries in the same way. The batteries will work fine in the tools, but as soon as they are put in the hammer drill, they drain within seconds. Did you ever work out the issue?

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have the same issue with my 18v LXT circular saw, it's an older brushed model and has been great with no issues but yesterday it drained 2 fully charged batteries doing a couple of 800mm long cuts on 4" x 2" hardwood.

Did anyone find out what the issue was ?

Cheers

• 2 years later...

I have an 18v makita hammer drill xph03 that just today started doing that.  On the newer batteries that had 4 bars , in 2 seconds it was down to 1 and flashing .  Then i tried an older battery without a battery gauge and it worked for a couple seconds , I set it down and when I picked it back up battery was dead and it was hot as hell .  So it’s obviously a short somewhere but where could it possibly be ?

jim 

Hi! I have the same model euro version,

that drill is brushed and you can have 2 situation, one good and one bad..

is it sparking more than normal?

open the back cap with the two screws, don’t let dust go inside the bearing slot and careful not to loose 2 silicon small points inside.

check if the brusches are long enough to be very good spring loaded. They can be finished even if you have good amount of material. 

check connections.

if you find dark color o where bushes apply or in the copper inside you probably burned the rotor,  does not cost too much if you change by yourself. Please let us know.