New Forum Member

jrrod2004

Good Morning everyone (afternoon, evening or night). 

My name is Mike and I am new the the forum. I live in Austin Texas and in the maintenance department of a government agency so I like tools. My preference is DeWalt but at work, we use Milwaukee, Mac and Stihl tools as the primaries. DeWalt is used as a secondary set for whenever the Milwaukee tools die. Dont know why that is. Pivoting off of that, I hope to learn more about tools and what different uses and features that I am not aware of. Thanks!

- Mike

On 10/29/2020 at 12:15 PM, jrrod2004 said:

Good Morning everyone (afternoon, evening or night). 

My name is Mike and I am new the the forum. I live in Austin Texas and in the maintenance department of a government agency so I like tools. My preference is DeWalt but at work, we use Milwaukee, Mac and Stihl tools as the primaries. DeWalt is used as a secondary set for whenever the Milwaukee tools die. Dont know why that is. Pivoting off of that, I hope to learn more about tools and what different uses and features that I am not aware of. Thanks!

- Mike

I'm currently in the military and the bulk of what I've seen used is DeWalt.  It seems that every Army unit has some poorly accounted-for DeWalt tools that walk away, but the biggest users, Directorate of Public Works maintenance types, are good about keeping their stuff close.  

We had some equipment installed in our vehicles a few years ago and the contracted installation team all used M18 and M12 tools, with their chargers working overtime to keep them going.