Husky Tool Bags

fm2176

What are everyone's thoughts?  I own a technician's bag picked up on clearance a few years ago and find it to be exceptionally well-made, while even the inexpensive bags offer great value for the price.  Heading into DC this morning, two construction workers crossed in front of me, with one pulling a Husky rolling tool bag and the other carrying a large Husky bag.  That led me to think about how I haven't noticed Milwaukee or DeWalt bags, with the exception of a few Yellow tool bags that obviously came with the power tool(s) inside.  I've seen a couple of DeWalt tool boxes (including ToughSystem and T-Stak, but when it comes to bags it seems that Husky is the prevalent choice around here.  

Anyway, just an observation that led to the question above.  Do you use any Husky tool bags, and if so what are your opinions of them?

I see a lot of Husky bags also.  I think because of the value with the bags.  They are built well and don't charge an arm and a leg for them.  I have seen some boxes around, the yellow and red but it seems to be more for storage in a truck is where I saw them.  I am sure people like the bags because of storage and organization.  You are right, Husky is a great bag.

1 hour ago, Eric - TIA said:

I see a lot of Husky bags also.  I think because of the value with the bags.  They are built well and don't charge an arm and a leg for them.  I have seen some boxes around, the yellow and red but it seems to be more for storage in a truck is where I saw them.  I am sure people like the bags because of storage and organization.  You are right, Husky is a great bag.

I've seen a number of the modular boxes in the back of trucks too.  What amazes me is how few seem to be secured.  There are lots of dishonest people out there who know the price of those boxes and wouldn't hesitate to "liberate" them,  Granted, there's no telling what's inside, but how many people spend $80+ on a box to store rusty nails?  

When I haul my boxes in the bed of my truck, I use at least one cable lock.  I also try to lay them down and/or cover them up.  I've heard too many stories of a quick stop for coffee resulting in a person's tools getting snatched, and even a lot of vans up this way (Northern Virginia) have reinforced locks on the doors.

On 11/16/2020 at 9:43 AM, fm2176 said:

I've seen a number of the modular boxes in the back of trucks too.  What amazes me is how few seem to be secured.  There are lots of dishonest people out there who know the price of those boxes and wouldn't hesitate to "liberate" them,  Granted, there's no telling what's inside, but how many people spend $80+ on a box to store rusty nails?  

When I haul my boxes in the bed of my truck, I use at least one cable lock.  I also try to lay them down and/or cover them up.  I've heard too many stories of a quick stop for coffee resulting in a person's tools getting snatched, and even a lot of vans up this way (Northern Virginia) have reinforced locks on the doors.

Yes, great point.  It's amazing how much gets ripped off.  It's a shame.