Hello everyone

TyDeck

Just wanted to introduce myself. Name is Ty.

New backyard mechanic.  Started working on my car because it’s so much cheaper.  YouTube is amazing for step by step tutorials.  I’ve been able to change oil, transmission service, drain and flush cooling system. Brakes (rotors and pads). No ready to look at drums yet.  Changed plugs and coils. 

Now I’m not ready to change a timing belt.  I lack the confidence to go that far into the engine.  I plan on doing shocks and struts soon.  

My son and I installed my car stereo system.   We did his car stereo and back up camera.    Speakers to follow soon. 

I rent an apartment so I’m using what I have access for a tool bench.  It’s rough but no one ever goes down into basement. 

I am a fan of the Milwaulkee M series tools. They never seem to let me down.  

2FB4E06E-8C60-4D38-AD4D-C19D235A9D1A.jpeg

ED30F17D-DBBA-4A83-8292-CD3EB9325CA7.thumb.jpeg.6189822443524daafbd5f2ba12aa664c.jpeg

Welcome to the forum.  Yes, Youtube is awesome for a lot of stuff like that.  Pretty impressive to change a timing belt.  If I tried that, i would have about 30 piece left over and the heads would be installed in the trunk and the muffler under the hood.  For some reason, I don't do well with working on cars.

I didn’t change a timing belt.  Not yet at least.  Lol.    Not enough confidence to dig that deep in an engine.   Not to mention it’s my only car.  I need it running, not up on stands in the driveway.  

I’m more comfortable with cars than wood.  Carpenters are amazing.  I have no wood skills.  In fact my skill level is super beginner. But you gotta start somewhere. 

just picked up the Milwaukee m18 wet dry vacuum.  Works great.  

Damn. I have a problem.  I want tools. 

I blows my mind what places charge for brakes.  Honda dealer wanted almost $300 for pads.  Decided it was time to learn. brakes are now around $30.  

The tool obsession is strong in me.  I need another tool box to work on.  These are full. Lol

• Like 1