Sandpaper sheets with loop/velcro backing?

Faldoe

I have a Dremel Multi-Max tool that uses triangular sanding pads. Works great but an issue is that the pads are expensive. I figured I could make my own, granted I can find sand paper with a loop/fuzzy backing so it will stick/stay attached to the hook part of the sanding pad.

I know there are orbital sanding pads, which are a potential option, but buying sheets of sand paper would be more cost effect as I could get more pads out of the sheets.

Any links or information would be helpful, thanks.

Here are some options for H&L sandpaper as far as getting it in sheets or rolls. Its how I have always purchased my H&L. H&L is the only way to go when sanding.

http://www.onlineindustrialsupply.com/holosaro.html

http://www.grizzly.com/products/category/100080

http://www.tptools.com/Hook-and-Loop-Sandpaper-Rolls.html

Yea they really screw us over on anything multitool related the blades are insanely expensive also. I would do the same thing that's a nice bit of money your saving one of those rolls is a lifetime of sand paper for some people.

Yea they really screw us over on anything multitool related the blades are insanely expensive also. I would do the same thing that's a nice bit of money your saving one of those rolls is a lifetime of sand paper for some people.

Thats a ton of money you are saving. Say you go to Wal-mart and buy a five pack of whatever grit of sandpaper. They are 8-12 bucks a pop.

Multi tool accessories are a rip.  I was cutting out part of a wood floor and burned through a bunch.  I was only able to do so much with a circular saw and the areas that were close I had to use an oscillating tool with a wood blade.  Man I felt like I was bend over every time I had to change blades.

Multi tool accessories are a rip.  I was cutting out part of a wood floor and burned through a bunch.  I was only able to do so much with a circular saw and the areas that were close I had to use an oscillating tool with a wood blade.  Man I felt like I was bend over every time I had to change blades.

That's why blades are one of the few things still made in the states tool related. The they must make some crazy ass profit on each blade sold.