Makita multi-head installation drill potential?

TyMonk

I’ve found a need for a multi head installation drill and have been looking at the Milwaukee and festool.

Festool is crazy expensive, underpowered and lacks accessories

And Milwaukee have decided to put their forward/reverse selector on top of the drill in the form of a button. (A deal breaker for me), the other ones on the market are with too bulky or not great quality.

Does anyone know of any secret Makita plans to release a tool like this? Seems like they could sweep this section of the market with a well engineered 12v drill.

3 hours ago, TyMonk said:Seems like they could sweep this section of the market with a well engineered 12v drill.

I 100% agree with you here. But I really don’t expect them to. Just because it would be so trivial for them to have done it many years ago by this point. It would be awesome though.

It will be difficult to beat Bosch in that tool. Have you had look at Bosch 12v multi head drill? And the Bosch batteries are better too!

I am a Makita fan for 18v and corded but All Bosch for 12v as their platform is quite large + lasers and other scanners, inspect cameras, etc all on the same 12v battery so quite a good for me. And the 12v Bosch range has been upgraded to all brushless. Have a look.

• 1 month later...

@TyMonk I know you mentioned the button on the top of the Milwaukee is a deal breaker. When I got the m12, I wasn't sure what I would think about it at first. After using it for awhile it actually isn't as bad as you would think. The fact you hold the Milwaukee like a drywall screwgun helps make the case for the button on the top in my opinion. Now I am so used to having the button I'm not sure I would switch to a traditional direction switch.

On 12/5/2020 at 10:10 PM, Jjwillac said:

Ich habe ein Video gesehen, in dem jemand den Makita 1/4 Sechskantschraubendreher umgebaut hat, um die Bosch-Köpfe durch 3D-Druck einer Adapterplatte zu akzeptieren. War super glatt.

Had the video linked, but was deleted again !?