Bunch of New tools for the 20v Porter Cable line of cordless Power tools.

DR99

Just saw this pop up on my facebook wall It's a nice expansion of the new Porter Cable line. I also hear Bostitch is also going to have a corded and cordless tool line now also. To be honest I can't figure out why Stanley Black and Decker has so many cordless tool lines unless they are going to be store exclusive.

I really dont like how the whole guard on that circ saw is plastic vs. the sewalt has some metal vs. the Milwaukee all metal......Shows you right there the level of quality...

I really dont understand the Bostich power tool release, it makes 0 sense imo, like you stated Conductor how many other power tool lines they have and here gos another, How do they make money....

Some plastic even though it looks brittle is almost indestructible and if it's anything near the plastic dewalt uses on the housings for the rest of the tool lineup, I wouldn't worry to much about it... Plastic can be ultra strong and lightweight at the same. 

Far as tool lineup goes, all these tools appeal to a different customer at different price points through the whole market... It makes them more money probably in a sense because they are covering almost every price point in the cordless market

One thing I noticed it seems like there is 2 slightly different jigsaws, at least from what I could tell and a cordless multi tool a PC exclusive 20v tool... People that usually buy porter cable don't go after Dewalt so it's good that porter cable is getting a nice cordless tool line again

The Bostich makes no sense to me. They had the Pro market covered with Dewalt, the DIY/Budget Pro covered with PC, and the homeowner category covered with B&D. Fatmax seems to fall in between B&D and PC and is available at Wal-Mart at a higher price point than the B&D. From the lineup DR posted there doesn't look to be anything geared toward a specific type of contractor and it appears to me they would likely be competing with PC. Obviously they're after something, but for the life of me I can't figure out what.

• Like 1

The Bostich makes no sense to me. They had the Pro market covered with Dewalt, the DIY/Budget Pro covered with PC, and the homeowner category covered with B&D. Fatmax seems to fall in between B&D and PC and is available at Wal-Mart at a higher price point than the B&D. From the lineup DR posted there doesn't look to be anything geared toward a specific type of contractor and it appears to me they would likely be competing with PC. Obviously they're after something, but for the life of me I can't figure out what.

To me looks like strictly the framing, roofing guys that want Bostitch tools but nothing fancy, just the basic types to do odd jobs they would need besides their air tools but at good quality without buying junk or super expensive Dewalt perhaps

. Agreed. Looks like the Bostich line is a rebranded generic. I'm sure they are good quality. And most importantly competition is good for us.