New line of Bostitch Corded and Cordless tools.

DR99

Looks like most of Bostitch tools are corded tools... meant for a certain type of contractor maybe? Maybe going after the TON of guys out there running Bostitch air tools that need some of the other basic tools out there like Circ saw, recip saw, drills etc....People LOVE Bostitch air tools because they are some of the best you can buy, readily available and have a fantastic warranty, so maybe going after those guys... They are on the Bostitch site now under power tools... No big advertisement or anything

Like if you look at the Bostitch hand tool line, it was quite a bit more tools then Dewalt's line... Seems to focus more on home framing, roofers, general home building guys that pretty well stick to one type of job... Tons of chisels, hammers, levels etc... Dewalt's line is smaller 

PC seems to go after the Cheaper hardcore Di-yer/Pro wood worker guys...

Dewalt all out all around professional contractor that does everything

B&D well cheapo homeowner

Poor quality Chase? Maybe the cheaper B&D tools for the cheaper once a blue moon home owner stuff for putting together store bought furniture and hanging a picture tools...

But Dewalt, PC and Bostitch are far from cheap quality tools...

Never seen fatmax power tools before

• Like 1

On another forum they mentioned a bunch of Bostich air tools and cordless nailers were on clearance at their local Lowes stores they had crazy prices on the cordless nailers they had they framing gun for 150 bucks. In my local area the only cordless nailers they stock around here is Paslode though must be a midwest thing. Is Bostich possibly going Exclusive at another big box store?

I just hope its not a tool that was thrown together just for he hell of it to get it on the market. I hope the quality on the pc 20v is night and day with the 18v...that line has really gone down hill......my friend has the drill and circ saw and the chuck runout is crazy.....

Lets pretend for a moment that Bostich is intended to be a store exclusive deal for Lowe's, which IMO is the only scenario in which Bostich makes sense, what line is it replacing? Are the pulling the plug on the failed Kobalt line? or are the giving Hitachi the boot? Both? I can't imagine them adding yet another line to the already crowded power tool section. Could they eliminate Bosch, Hitachi, and Kobalt, thereby offering a 3 tiered line all made by Stanley B&D? It sounds far fetched, but Lowe's isn't above it. They did it with electrical tools. HD offers 4 brands, 3 TTI brands plus Makita. Maybe Lowe's will offer 3 SB&D brands + Bosch? In any event, an exclusivity deal is the only way Bostich makes sense.

I know I am a Hope Depot guy, but man is that an ugly color scheme..................................yuck. It looks good on nailers and compressors, but putting on battery powered tools is just plain old ugly. Just for reference, I think the new Milwaukee Tape measures are also ugly.

Lets pretend for a moment that Bostich is intended to be a store exclusive deal for Lowe's, which IMO is the only scenario in which Bostich makes sense, what line is it replacing? Are the pulling the plug on the failed Kobalt line? or are the giving Hitachi the boot? Both? I can't imagine them adding yet another line to the already crowded power tool section. Could they eliminate Bosch, Hitachi, and Kobalt, thereby offering a 3 tiered line all made by Stanley B&D? It sounds far fetched, but Lowe's isn't above it. They did it with electrical tools. HD offers 4 brands, 3 TTI brands plus Makita. Maybe Lowe's will offer 3 SB&D brands + Bosch? In any event, an exclusivity deal is the only way Bostich makes sense.

I agree, I dont think they are trashing Kobalt because they are now releasing a 20v line, At my Lowes the Bosch tools are very limited to Drill, impact and radio + bits and blades, thats it. And you mean HD offers 5, DeWalt.

One of my local stores carries a full line of Bosch tools it's limited to one store though that I know of in the area. They used to carry Hilti in the area where the now have Bosch. SBD is going brand crazy at the moment I wonder how long some of them will last.

I'd love to see Stanley push the Blackhawk line a little harder. They're one of the best values in tools, but get next to no advertising. Part of me had always hoped they'd revive the New Britain name for a Serious DIY/Budget Pro mechanic brand, but the Genius line means that isn't happening :(

I'd love to see Stanley push the Blackhawk line a little harder. They're one of the best values in tools, but get next to no advertising. Part of me had always hoped they'd revive the New Britain name for a Serious DIY/Budget Pro mechanic brand, but the Genius line means that isn't happening :(

Stanley owns Blackhawk, Proto and Mac right?

Yes, and Facom as well. They have a new line called Genius also.

Never heard of them, speaking of hand tool companys making power tools, I have heard that the Mac or Snap-on 12v impact or die grinder ratchet, is crazy expensive compared to the M12, and the Power on the M12 is a night and day difference to the snap-on...