DeWalt 20v Grease Gun

firefighter4187

Comparing the 2 tools and from what I can see, the DeWalt is top heavy compared to the Milwaukee, where the Motor is down low, spread across the tank, imo The M18 is a better designhttp://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2646-21ct

The Milwaukee looks more balance sitting down. The Dewalt looks to be designed more toward holding upright. I could see someone greasing a car or equipment preferring the Milwaukee, while I could see someone walking a belt line preferring the Dewalt.

The Milwaukee looks more balance sitting down. The Dewalt looks to be designed more toward holding upright. I could see someone greasing a car or equipment preferring the Milwaukee, while I could see someone walking a belt line preferring the Dewalt.

As a mechanic in truck/trailer, automotive guys hold their grease guns upright... It feels natural like that, I think that's why Dewalt designed it like that... It feels natural and probably what most people wanted to see out of their grease gun. By trade I'm an auto technician and I'd never want to hold a grease gun the way Milwaukee has their's setup... Just wouldn't feel right to me

As a mechanic in truck/trailer, automotive guys hold their grease guns upright... It feels natural like that, I think that's why Dewalt designed it like that... It feels natural and probably what most people wanted to see out of their grease gun. By trade I'm an auto technician and I'd never want to hold a grease gun the way Milwaukee has their's setup... Just wouldn't feel right to me

With most hand pump and air grease guns they don't have much of a choice. Sitting a gun down while crawling around under a car would be nice.

With most hand pump and air grease guns they don't have much of a choice. Sitting a gun down while crawling around under a car would be nice.

If you worked under ramps yes, but most guys buying these would be guys working in shops using lifts... Plus the Dewalt looks like it would work good both ways, The Milwaukee looks like it would be weird holding it straight up

Milwaukee would work good in an industrial setting grease large bearings on electric motors, drives etc...

I believe I saw a picture awhile back of the Milwaukee being used with a strap, freeing up both hands.

I've seen the shoulder straps, but you've got to pull the trigger with one hand. Well, unless you have an extremely long.....nevermind :lol:

I've seen the shoulder straps, but you've got to pull the trigger with one hand. Well, unless you have an extremely long.....nevermind :lol:

Lol I think there is a trigger lock, maybe Im wrong...But yeah i meant that you can walk around with it around your shoulder and carry a drill or something else, instead of having the tool in one hand.