Hey all, I have had a hedge trimmer for almost 6 years now and there has been some faults in the working. I get electric shock. At first I thought it was because I used it once when my hand was wet. But even with a dry hand, it was the same. I checked with my company for query and they made me aware that my warranty period was for 5 years and I should pay for the expenses incurring on the repair. But as it has been 6 years and counting. I am confused whether I should repair it or try and replace it with a new one. Could someone advise me on this if they have any alternative option for this?

Sounds like it might be a corded hedge trimmer but I could be wrong. The ego hedge trimmer goes and keeps on going. A 5.0 battery on it should last most of a working day easy. I'm sure other ope brands would have similar runtimes.

You can check it, is there any wire lose or not, or anything which might be broken inside, if there's something broken, you can repair it, or otherwise if not, then go for a new one.