Sad Day Today

DR99

As the title of the post says today was a shitty day. I had to put my 17 year old German Short Haired Pointer down today. It sucks but it was the right thing to do she was really struggling the last few months. Here is the last photo I took of here on her favorite spot in the house the couch in the living room.

Got her my freshman year of High School and Bill Clinton was still president and no one ever though about the war on terror. It's crazy how long she did live 17 years for medium sized dog breed is pretty rare. She nearly didn't make it past being a puppy she had a really bad case of parvo and we were really close to putting her down because she was suffering, but she bounded back the next day and has been one of the best dogs I ever had. I guess I have to give Costco credit she was fed Kirkland brand dog food most of her life and I think it did help with her health. Thanks guys for the nice comments. This Labor day weekend is going to be a tough one.