Average Life Span of a Lawn Mower's Spark Plug?

What is the lifespan of a lawnmower's spark plug, and why they doesn't have lifespan as like our car's sparkplugs. And what you guys do? Replace the old one, or your clean it and use it again? Are they worth using after cleaning? And how often you clean them?

Great question.  I have been using battery for so long, i forgot about spark plugs.  In regards to life span, I had a mower that was 10 years old and never replaced it.  I never cleaned it or did anything.  The mower before I cleaned the spark plug once and reused it.  The only reason i reused it was because I was to lazy to go to the local store, I just wanted to cut my grass and be done. 

My experience is that plug cleaning is a feel good emergency measure, but very limited utility. If the plug is bad toss it.

IMO, the plug lifetime is based on other factors, such as maintaining the air filter as clean. If I am doing dusty mowing and don't clean the air filter, then my plug suffers.

Otherwise, I get years and years from my plug. 

On my 1985 Snapper 21" walk behind, I find decreased power means the plug needs replacement.

• Like 1