Can you use Electric Lawn Mower for cutting wet grass?

When using an electric or gas lawn mower on wet grass, you run the risk of damaging your lawn mower. You could also harm yourself and could potentially end up with even more work to do in the long run. It is a rule of thumb to not cut your grass when it is wet outside.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 3:01 AM, RobertSmith said:

Mowing wet grass can clog lawn mowers, and especially the gas powered ones, but can you use a electric lawn mower to mow wet grass? And how good is this idea, is this effective or not?

I wouldnt.  Electric motors and water dont mix.

• 3 months later...

I am assuming you mean a battery powered lawnmower?  If so, yes you can cut your grass when its damp or wet.  If it's raining, you should never cut your grass with an electric or gas powered mower as you will leave divots if its a rider and when it rains, some of the blades of grass are pushed down from the rain so when you cut, it won't cut those blades.  Once the rain stops and the grass stands tall again, it won't look good.  When i say raining, I am talking about a long rain, not one of the quick 10 minute rains.