A new multitool was finally spotted in the 2021 catalog (Asia not US). Interesting that it's Starlock Max. Looks shorter but maybe a bit chunky?

Lots of other new stuff spotted in the catalog including a new 18v right angle drill and lots of new XGT (including XGT X2).

FB_IMG_1611760575424.jpg

• Like 2

Actually looks a lot more compact overall and they made a purposeful decision to make it easy to grip one-handed. The bulk proximate to the battery may also reflect conscious effort to balance the tool. And they certainly have AVT in big letters on there...they definitely want to make sure we know they took vibration control seriously on this model.

You don’t happen to have a link to the catalog, by chance?

• Like 1

Sorry, but the new DTM52 has absolutely nothing to do with the comfotable Starlock interchangeable holder, so a mandrel is still required to clamp the Starlock-Max accessories! 🙄🙉

This is of no use to me, so I stick with my modified magnet OIS recording. 😉

Unfortunately,  I don't have a link to the actual catalog; various people were posting pictures of specific pages on Facebook Makita groups.

There is some debate about the piece near the blade.  Some folks are saying it is a removable dust attachment, whereas others are saying it is an adapter that let's you use Starlock. I think the later theory is what @Mr.Ditschy is referencing above. Needing to use an adapter just doesn't make sense to me though since it very clearly says "Starlock Max" on the blade lever.

@Jjwillac he is referencing a system similar to what Metabo is using in their Starlock Plus OMT. It is Starlock but still uses a pin to secure the blade. It just doesn't have the fancy clamp system that the Boch/Fein/Festool Starlock units have.