New DeWalt Hand Tools

firefighter4187

Nothing will round off a fastener faster than Vise-Grips. They're alright for holding a nut on the underside of a bolt you're tightening or something, but beyond that I rarely use them.

If you had to choose, which locking/ unlocking system is the best?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Not as well as was hoped.

To warranty these tools requires a receipt and contacting dewalt. In other words one is not carrying a broken dewalt tool into Sears and exchanging it. I'm wondering if this may be a cause.

I suspected as much. Ease of warranty is a big deal for most of the Sear's customer base that remains. The wrenches seem nice, but the rats are too big and clunky feeling for my taste.

I suspected as much. Ease of warranty is a big deal for most of the Sear's customer base that remains. The wrenches seem nice, but the rats are too big and clunky feeling for my taste.

Ease of warranty is one of those personal things.  Certain tools that I buy that I break rather easily, I prefer an easy warranty.  Torx bits, Hex bits,  screwdrivers being some.

Seeing how I've been using tools for nearly 40 years, I have bunches and bunches of stuff so breaking something doesn't stop me from getting something done.  I have another so I can wait a couple weeks to mail stuff in or wait for the tool truck guy to get a new one.  Contrary to what gets posted on another site, the tool truck guy doesn't have everything is stock.

Somebody who is just starting out that doesn't have back ups for back ups, easy fast warranty would be a bigger selling point

• 6 months later...

I don't know about DeWalt Hand tools. I think every company tries to expand to reach all types of markets.....but I think they need to put those dollars toward what they do best. POWER TOOLS!!!! Leave the market of hand tools to the companies that specialize in them like Klein, Channel Lock and Craftsman. I think the same think about Milwaukee....while their hand tools aren't bad....I just don't think of them as a hand tool company.