New DeWalt Hand Tools

firefighter4187

The thing is most of the Dewalt hand tools are just other tools that are from the Stanley Black and Decker portfolio. Most of the tools are just other SBD tools with a Dewalt paint job and Branding. I think the hand tools For Milwaukee have been very popular and profitable. I have a few and they are really nice for the money. I think for most companies they see blood in the water with Sears and Craftsman. I have stuff from so many different brands Knipex, Klien, Channel Lock, Texon, Husky, Kobalt, Greenlee, and Milwaukee when it comes to hand tools.

DR makes a valid point. SBD has several hand tool brands under their belt including Mac, Proto, Blackhawk, Facom, Expert, Stanley, Virax, and probably a couple others, so a Dewalt version wasn't much of a stretch.

But I do wish some of these companies would quit all this brand saturation.

I don't know about DeWalt Hand tools. I think every company tries to expand to reach all types of markets.....but I think they need to put those dollars toward what they do best. POWER TOOLS!!!! Leave the market of hand tools to the companies that specialize in them like Klein, Channel Lock and Craftsman. I think the same think about Milwaukee....while their hand tools aren't bad....I just don't think of them as a hand tool company.

In the case of the Milwaukie locking pliers, they are so much better than Irwins I'm amazed. Plus, made in Taiwan, versus the PRC.