Milwaukee Tool Box / Storage Box

Harold Wray

You need to swap houses with Dan he has a nice chunk of property. You could build another garage/workshop on it. My dream one day is a nice ranch done up really nice I don't need a shit load of square footage eating up energy costs. What I do want is a massive pole barn that could be divided into a workshop/mancave/storage area.

It would be interesting to see Milwaukee's take on tool boxes. Probably take Dan's idea and incorporate a charger. I think they should start with tool bags. I like their kit tool bags but they are very basic. I also like their power tool hard cases but they lack accessory storage.

It would be interesting to see Milwaukee's take on tool boxes. Probably take Dan's idea and incorporate a charger. I think they should start with tool bags. I like their kit tool bags but they are very basic. I also like their power tool hard cases but they lack accessory storage.

Agree 100% Milwaukee makes the best basic blow-molded case, but has no storage...

• 6 months later...

Is there any word on this. I would really be interested in something waterproof but not as heavy as a DewaltTough Box. Something to be used as a work station/tool box.

1.Battery Charger outlets or powerstrip, place for rolled up extension cord

2.Hooks or shelves for chargers, m12 radio, m12 stick light or m18 flood light etc

3. Attachment points for clamps and hanging your drill/impact

4. An "appliance style" hand truck that has big enough wheels to go up stairs and across lawns/rocks

There is European woodworker using Festool that has a folding table attached to a 2 wheel custom dolly with systainers boxes, maybe talk to this guy.

it would be awsome for them to come out with a mechanics tool box and tool box for the construction trades. also why hasnt anyone come out with a truck accessory like something that can be mounted into a pickup or van or something i know there are boxes and caps etc i just think a tool company would make something with better ergonomics and accessibility and any advertisement in good advertisement soo having a milwaukee name on a tool chest mounted in my truck lots of people would see that but we can all wait and see whats happening next   

I need a better storage unit for all my cordless tool....if Milwaukee made a tool box with deep draws so you can store all your power tools in them and a draw with a power, or power on a top shelf, that would be nifty. My current boxes are getting full....I need more box! a nice Tool shed for all my tools would be nice!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure how to repost from the main page news article, but the new tool box is pretty close to what I was looking for. Here's my post from the main page...

I love the corner tool pockets and the connections for the battery charger. I bought one of those 28″ dewalt/bostitch waterproof boxes (very similar in design). I even cut slots in the lid ribbing to tie up my hand saw and 2 foot level in the lid with hook/loop tape. They sure do get heavy when filled. I was kinda hoping for a 22-24 inch toolbox that will fit through doorways/hallways more easily. Something easily tied to a hand truck.I am still looking for a box for my tool only Fuel Circ and it’s awkward dimensions.

What are the dimensions of the inside of the box? 

Are they coming out with more options?

I understand there are no stackable latches, but how about little feet/notches so they can stack without falling over?

• 4 weeks later...

I found something interesting while searching for a video review of the new Work Box, the M Box 100 PD Hammer Drill kit. The review is from a few months back and from an European website. The kit includes a tool box, 18v hammer drill, two 4 ah batt, one 2 ah batt, dual charger and a 100pc drill set. The tool box has foam inserts, ball bearing lower drawer and metal/plastic construction. Does not seem to have any stackable latches/connections. Is this an old design I missed?

It might have been a one off kit that they made for other markets, but nothing like this even made it to North America from all the tool news sites I visit, or tool review sites. The box is built to look similar to their jobsite radios in appearance.

• 2 weeks later...