Milwaukee Tool Box / Storage Box

Harold Wray

I bought it last week and it's sweet, I fit my fuel sawzall, m18 fuel hammer drill, m18 fuel impact, m12 fuel impact, m12 fuel hammer drill, m12 oscillating tool, m12 right angle drill charger and m12 flashlight in this box and it was easy to setup and grab what I needed and back in they went

• Like 2

The Milwaukee Job Box is a nice box but this is why I like my Tough Boxes. 

tb_zpse144eaf7.jpg

The more I see the set up the more I am leaning that way. Plus I was thinking of getting one for my cruiser to store my weapons cleaning kit and extra mags and rounds. The box is really perfect for that task. Pricey though! I know, funny coming from me but the drawer unit is 70-80 bucks! I don't buy Systainers because of the cost but I have six of them and five l boxxes. Something like the tough system is right on though for modular purposes. Still would prefer red white and black though :(

The more I see the set up the more I am leaning that way. Plus I was thinking of getting one for my cruiser to store my weapons cleaning kit and extra mags and rounds. The box is really perfect for that task. Pricey though! I know, funny coming from me but the drawer unit is 70-80 bucks! 

Keep checking around. I got my drawer unit for $45 from tool nut It was some kind of one day sale.

• 1 month later...

So to recap this years tool box and storage from the NPS. The aforementioned 26" Work Box, a 13" wide/16"tall square bucket, a tool backpack, a mechanics rolling tool chest and a small parts organizer with clear lid.

The mechanics rolling tool chest was a big surprise considering they don't sell mechanics tools. Maybe next year.

It doesn't look like the the small parts organizer can clip to others of the same design. I can't see them making this design by accident. I guess they have no real plans for a modular tool box system.

For me, it seemed Milwaukee would be the brand that could warrant the effort of a modular tool box system from TTI.

• 2 months later...

I saw a previous comment saying you can't get the sawzall and circ saw into the jobsite box together. I don't know about the fuel but non fuel fits with no issue except you can't get the tray in and that works fine for me as I put the extra tray into another jobsite box I use for carpentry tools.

I've got M18 6.5 circ, sawzall, hammer drill, impact, M12 multi tool, compact driver, flashlight plus 12/18 charger, 3 M18 & 3 M12 batteries & bits and blades for all of it. Not much room to spare after all that though

• 4 months later...

Yes, the Fuel versions of the M18 6.5 circ and the sawzall do fit without the top tray. They fit better with the circ on some kind of pedestal to square up the saw. This box can pack so many tools you won't want to lift it.

Ebowejr has the right idea. i would like a tool chest- 36" long by 24"tall  by 24" wide rolling version with an extending handle. They could make little pockets for their most common tools like the drill setups. Imagine a corner pocket that could hold your Sawzall vertical, a few vertical slots for catching the sds hammers/hole hawgs. Or attachment points for the rafter hooks or the belt clips. Or take the idea of the surge protector outlets from the metal rolling toolbox and incorporate that into that for the battery chargers. Or some access holes for a cable to lock it to your truck/jobsite.

I would love a 20-22 inch version with the modular latches for stacking ability.   Center it around the M12 line like how  the 26" is around the M18. Or just make it just long enough to run a Sawzall from the inside of one drill pocket to the inside of the other drill pocket. The weight differences between a full 20" toolbox and a 26" is pretty large. Appropriate height sizes with their own features would be nice also.

Of course make both of the aforementioned boxes compatible. The 36" tool chest should hold many of the 20" boxes. I personally am still holding out hope for a modular set....Ridgid has the the modular toolboxes....and Ryobi has the battery nailers.....TTI you sneaking devil, I see what you did there.